Sign in to follow this  
Greggy_D

LatinVFR KBWI Baltimore-Washington has been released

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

Looks ok here:

Mine is here, something is wrong with KBWI ILS10 from PMDG 737NGX and 777 so, I will try more flights to see if I can find the problem. It looks like is not the scenery because the problem is in both platforms (FSX and P3Dv4.1)

P3Dv4.1PMDG737NGXlandingonKBWIILS10.jpg

P3Dv4.1PMDG747landingonKBWIILS10.jpg

I am using AIRAC 1806 and maybe the source of the issue.

Patricio Valdes

The navdata only provides data to the FMS, it does nothing to the simulated ILS signal that the radios and deviation indicators respond to.  The "radio" is in the scenery, possibly modified by the AFCAD but I noticed LatinVFR did not modify the ILS's and there was no need to.

I have no idea what your are trying to show in those screen shots.  An explanation of how you arrived at those locations or what it is that you are tying to convey would be helpful.  Also note that both ILS10 and ILS28 share the same frequency and one cannot pick one or the other, it depends where you are with respect to the runway.  The simulator selects which to use based on your location, this explains why your course changes to 285 when you want 105.. look at the charts. Perhaps you are not setting up your approach correctly as I eluded to  in my first post to this thread.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

My screenshot showing 747 is clear to see from ND the pink line not following the runway. From both screenshot the runway is across because the plane did a deviation from planed route, not following the heading accordingly. I flew with 737BGX, 747 and 777 same results. I will fly again with 747 v3 ….

Patricio Valdes

I flew PMDG 737-900NGX from KPHL rwy09R to KBWI rwy ILS10. The plane is landing across the runway because didn't follow the ND pink line. The course 105 changed itself to 285. The waypoints were KPHL rwy09R - DQO - BAINS - TRISH -STALK - HOIST - KBWI rwy10 (ILS). Between STALK and HOIST waypoints the course changed to 285 and from STALK to KBWI the plane stopped following the pink line then went straight to be ready to cross the runway. I had to pause and close the sim. Any ideas? 

Patricio Valdes

Before reporting here my next testing I want to mention from fs9 and FSX I flew same flight plan KPHL-KBWI (ILS10) the PMDG 747-400 v2 was landing perfectly on the runway and well centered.

But, in FSX the 747-400 v3 didn't approach as it should. I am assuming if I did correctly with v2 then the v3 shouldn't be the same? That's really rare.

Patricio Valdes

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, DJJose said:

Looks ok here:

Try PMDG 737NGX, 747-400 v3 or 777.

Patricio Valdes

I flew (P3Dv4.1) PMDG 747-400 v3 from KPHL rwy09R to KBWI rwy10 with new waypoints and still not a success.
Waypoints: DQO - BELAY - TRISH - STALK - STARZ - STRPS - COLUM - JEANS. Right after armed LOC the course 105 changed itself to 285 and after stopped following the pink line (ND) the course reversed back itself to 105. We can see from ND the plane is going straight to cross the runway to land.

https://imgur.com/vurF3lX

https://imgur.com/YA1a7eE

fs9 747-400 did approach and landing perfectly.
FSX 747-400 v2 did approach and landing perfectly.
FSX 747-400 v3 didn't approach as expected and same issue as in P3Dv4.1
P3Dv4.1 all PMDG planes have FMC issues following waypoints.

Probably the newest PMDG aircrafts (737NGX, 747 v3, 777) for FSX and P3Dv4.1 have a FMC bug?

Edited by trisho0
editing

Patricio Valdes

13 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Right after armed LOC the course 105 changed itself to 285

As I already explained, same LOC frequencies for both 10/28.... don't arm the LOC until you are intercepting final.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

As I already explained, same LOC frequencies for both 10/28.... don't arm the LOC until you are intercepting final.

Dan, please give you a try and see the pink line from ND with 747-400 v3. Such pink line will be weird when LOC is armed at 10nm far from the runway. I don't need to enter frequency but course in Heading window. The flight just take only a few minutes from KPHL rwy09R-KBWI rwy ILS10. As I said before it was OK with 747 v1 and v2. I will give a try in fs9 and FSX with Level-D and of course I will give a try as you said. How will intercept if LOC is not armed?. I used to arm LOC when the plane is near about 10nm from runway. With 747 v3 I did the same but before press LOC the ND pink line was weird already. Thanks a lot for your help as well.

Patricio Valdes

4 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Dan, please give you a try and see the pink line from ND with 747-400 v3. Such pink line will be weird when LOC is armed at 10nm far from the runway. I don't need to enter frequency but course in Heading window. The flight just take only a few minutes from KPHL rwy09R-KBWI rwy ILS10. As I said before it was OK with 747 v1 and v2. I will give a try in fs9 and FSX with Level-D and of course I will give a try as you said. How will intercept if LOC is not armed?. I used to arm LOC when the plane is near about 10nm from runway. With 747 v3 I did the same but before press LOC the ND pink line was weird already. Thanks a lot for your help as well.

When a runway uses the same frequency for both approaches, in this case 10 and 28, the simulator will select 28 if you are closer to that end of the runway or will select 10 if close to that end.  This means when you arm approach mode, your course will be set according to which ever end you are closest too regardless of what you have selected in the FMS.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Unfortunately, you don't say what Arrival STAR you have selected in the FMS for use with the BWI RWY 10 ILS approach, because several of the STARS into KBWI contain Vectors.  Dan is right in what he says, but I have a feeling that the problem you are seeing is due to the fact that the STAR you have selected has a VECTOR within the approach procedure.  At this point in the approach you would normally expect to continue the flight in Heading mode under ATC Radar control; usually until cleared to intercept the ILS.  You would also tidy up the Map display to give you an extended ILS centreline (pink string) display by Line selecting the FAF, inputting the relevant RWY QDM and EXEC-ing it.  This will avoid any risk of you seeing the sort of weird pink lines you posted.

Having good situational awareness is very important when flying and it pays not to become complacent by relying totally on the automatics.  This includes following the pink string, because if it doesn't look right, or the aircraft isn't following it correctly, then it usually means you have done something wrong!  It is normal practice on the B744 to capture the ILS LOC in HDG mode before arming APP Mode (and for the reasons Dan explained, LOC should not be armed until you are either on an ILS LOC intercept HDG or cleared for a straight in ILS approach).

Bertie G          

Edited by berts
addition
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, downscc said:

When a runway uses the same frequency for both approaches, in this case 10 and 28, the simulator will select 28 if you are closer to that end of the runway or will select 10 if close to that end.  This means when you arm approach mode, your course will be set according to which ever end you are closest too regardless of what you have selected in the FMS.

I think I understood.

Next is what I did today. I flew same flight plan KPHL-KBWI with Level-D in fs9 and also FSX and in both platform LDS landed perfectly. PMDG 747-400 v3 ND shows pink line not following the COLUM waypoint but directly to runway 10. Is it normal the pink line from ND?

https://imgur.com/DlebCb5

Edited by trisho0
changed photo

Patricio Valdes

1 hour ago, berts said:

Unfortunately, you don't say what Arrival STAR you have selected in the FMS for use with the BWI RWY 10 ILS approach,

Selected was COLUM and JEANS then it is runway10

1 hour ago, berts said:

This includes following the pink string, because if it doesn't look right, or the aircraft isn't following it correctly, then it usually means you have done something wrong!

I used the same procedures for all airports without approach problems. Just only with KBWI and only with the latest PMDG birds. I can approach in KBWI perfectly with Level-D and PMDG 747 v1 and v2

1 hour ago, berts said:

(and for the reasons Dan explained, LOC should not be armed until you are either on an ILS LOC intercept HDG or cleared for a straight in ILS approach).

Then I can't LOC because the ND pink line still weird and never will be cleared in ILS approach. I will change waypoints to try again, I must be very wrong.

Patricio Valdes

I think you missed the main point Bertie was trying to tell you.  ILS 10 is a radar vectored approach (that’s what “radar required” means on the chart) meaning you shouldn’t be linking any waypoints to COLUM.  In the absence of ATC in the sim you need to manually navigate from your previous waypoint to COLUM. Just because it works via LNAV in some aircraft it doesn’t mean it’s the correct procedure.

Secondly, you should try to get comfortable maneuvering without needing the magenta line.  Your screenshot above shows your 747 in the perfect position, with the perfect weather to make a downwind turn for a visual approach to runway 10.  There should be no reason you couldn’t complete that flight in that situation.

Brian W

KPAE

37 minutes ago, BrianW said:

I think you missed the main point Bertie was trying to tell you.  ILS 10 is a radar vectored approach (that’s what “radar required” means on the chart) meaning you shouldn’t be linking any waypoints to COLUM.  In the absence of ATC in the sim you need to manually navigate from your previous waypoint to COLUM. Just because it works via LNAV in some aircraft it doesn’t mean it’s the correct procedure.

Secondly, you should try to get comfortable maneuvering without needing the magenta line.  Your screenshot above shows your 747 in the perfect position, with the perfect weather to make a downwind turn for a visual approach to runway 10.  There should be no reason you couldn’t complete that flight in that situation.

I know I am missing something when I select FMC legs and it seems the waypoint JEANS is the problem. I just flew KPHL-TRISH-COLUM-RW10 and it was fine so far until the bird descended too low. I set Altitude for landing at 100 and I think it should be 200. From FMC legs page it says runway 10 at 193 altitude. I am going to give another try later.

Regarding on the magenta line I guess is supposing to be a good help for Pilots specially for manual flight (without AP) and this will be as you say as soon as I get closer to the runway. I will see that as well. Also, I will remove COLUM from FMC legs which is probably the bird was descending too low.

Edited by trisho0
correcting

Patricio Valdes