Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

Return of the Spitfire

Now that we have the A2A Spitfire back in our P3d v4 hangars, this sortie marks its return to our Saturday flights. Where else to do this but the south-east of England and northern France.

Spitfire%20EGSU.jpg?dl=1

Start at Duxford (EGSU), head south towards London and Biggin Hill (EGKB). From here the flight will mostly follow the coastlines rather than flying the magenta line.  Fly north-east to the River Thames, then follow the coast east to the next stop at Manston (EGMH, or the waypoint in the GTN flight plan as the airport was recently demolished), then round past Dover and the white chalk cliffs (screenshot artists get your cameras ready) to Lydd (EGMD). Now we head over the Channel to Le Touquet and Paris-Plage airport (LFAT). Those who have the AI ships package installed might want to turn it up and see what you can see on the way, as this is one of the busiest waterways in the world. After Le Touquet, we follow the French coast to the south-west stopping at St Aubin (LFAB) near Dieppe, then Le Gatien (LFRG) near Deauville. Continue west along the coast past the Normandy beaches to the waypoint at Sainte-Mère-Église, before cutting across the Cherbourg peninsula to our destination at Granville (LFRF).

The plan point-to-point is 342nm, but as we'll follow the coast it will be closer to 400nm. Although designed with the Spitfire in mind, it would be ideal for any fast warbird or a higher performance GA such as the Lancair Legacy, King Air, PC-12, C421.....

Setting your simulator time to 1700 UTC at the start should bring us into Granville at dusk (and it's lit). Has anyone else noticed that the time has finally been fixed in v4.3?!

Flight plans

PLN format

GFP format

Scenery

Orbx England, Orbx Global textures, Vector and Europe landclass will enhance the route and upgrade many of our stops.  Note that two of the French airports are included in the Orbx freeware airport pack for Europe. We also have a couple of freeware enhancements:

ACG Duxford (main download and update)

Biggin Hill: Mark Piccolo / Soarfly Concepts (on AVSIM) - used a few weeks ago for the military jets flight.

Where & When

Date and time: Saturday 30th June, 2018, 1800 UTC. 

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).
If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Like 1

This looks like great fun, Nick.

For everyone, if you use FTX England and would like a little extra eye-candy, you might consider Richard Bui's The White Cliffs of England. This scenery package includes lots of detail and improvements for Dover, Eastbourne, and Hastings. You can download the scenery from his blog Vector Sceneries for FSX and Prepar3D or more directly from here.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Is it just on my end or is the flight plan just a straight line between EGSU and LFRF?

Very strange! I did the flight plan again with Little NavMap and saved it with a different name, but it still shows up as a straight line. I'll investigate further...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

2 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Is it just on my end or is the flight plan just a straight line between EGSU and LFRF?

Very strange! I did the flight plan again with Little NavMap and saved it with a different name, but it still shows up as a straight line. I'll investigate further...

Works OK for me. 😎

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Very odd indeed. The whole flight plan function of P3D V4.3 seems to be unusable with respect to loading flight plans. All saved flight plans are opened and then a new route is calculated. 

I think I will uninstall and reinstall P3DV4.3.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Scrub my post! The plan appeared fine in Little Nav Map but was a straight line in P3D.

Ah, so it seems to be a P3D Problem then. I already posted a question at the LM P3D forum.

I'll let you know what they say...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I had the same behavior with the straight line flight plan.  So I loaded it a second time and it worked OK the second time.

SX4fj4w.jpg

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Sounds really good.

Seems that this might be a good starting point to give my aging Real Air Spit a base of operations.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Thanks Jeff, that works.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

14 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Sounds really good.

Seems that this might be a good starting point to give my aging Real Air Spit a base of operations.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Why don't you join us Stephen?

My flight plan is resolutely STRAIGHT! Even in Plan G. I'll re-download.

EDIT: Re-downloaded and the double load trick worked. A definite glitch I'd say.

Yep, there is another thread in the LM forum, I replied there as well.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Is it just me or are they making a meal out of this? It's a simple fault to explain, but it seems as though they can't grasp it. :rolleyes: