Jyrki Keisala

Taxiways all the way to the gate?

CYWG parking:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/js6s3xlkbm2a6ob/CYWG parking.PNG?dl=0

Taxiways to the ramp:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n19jubc0y0ebnsq/CYWG taxiways.PNG?dl=0

CYWG taxiway maintenance:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8pah4v3gcv1xs2/CYWG maint.PNG?dl=0

As can be seen, there are a lot of extra taxiways leading all the way to the gates...are these really needed, or can I safely remove them completely?  They are named randomly C, D, M etc. and I think they would only misguide the taxiing instructions...without the extra taxiways, which are not in charts, the airport would look a lot tidier.

Most likely those can be deleted, especially if they are duplicate names of real taxiways.

P2A just needs to be able to get close to the gate to give instructions.  AI Programs likely use those extra lines to park the planes, but P2A has nothing to do with that and so you can delete them from the P2A Database.

Dave

AI does not use Pilot2ATC data, so deleting them in Pilot2ATC's TaxiMnt will not affect the SIM or AI Traffic.

Ahh I see, of course. Thanks, Dave! I guess I'll try to "clean up" a couple of airports and see what happens.

One more question: Taxi Mnt / Rout to Runway. How does this work? Am I correct in assuming it needs to have the simulator running, so the plane is parked somewhere and P2A gets to decide the active runway?

No.  You set the aircraft position and desired runway in TaxiMnt using the Right-Click of the mouse.  Then press "Route to Runway" an small pins will be generated to display the route calculated.

I was able to move the aircraft, but how do I excactly set the active runway? It doesn't want to change the runway from the one it has preselected (based on wind data?).

Oh, figured it out. It needs an additional movement of the plane after setting up the active runway until it updates the taxi path.