Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

For people having P3D problems - few suggestions...

Hi everyone;

Not sure if here is the right place to ask my question, however, I've already created a topic in the link below but have yet to hear back or maybe my issue is really a weird one so no choice but reinstall my P3D which is a nightmare for me Lol...

A weird issue I'm experiencing after I reinstall my P3D v3.4 is I cannot see the online traffic list. Having said that, I've already done all requirement to see online IVAO traffic and I don't have any problem to see them but from my aircraft. Before the re-installation, every time I was right clicking on my screen, I could see a list showing all online traffic. After re-installation, I can see the online traffic physically but not the list when right click. Any suggestion? :huh:

Cheers All!

Sina

Guys and Gals,

Wow, very interesting and sometimes amusing responses.

Yes, my post was intended for new users coming into the sim.  For the veterans - you guys already know on how to handle FSX & P3D etc. You guys are already pro at it.  Infact, I love reading your posts b/c of all the new strategies that get discovered sometimes.

As for Windows 10 goes - it is recommended system on LM's site for Prepar3d.  And Win 7 Pro is minimum requirement.  But I have newer hardware and my few of my friends who are also getting into Flightsim have the latest cpus.  They can not go back to Windows 7 period.  If Windows 7 is working awesome for you - that is awesome.

All I know is that in Jan 14, 2020 (which is not that far), Updates for Windows 7 will stop.  I can not run any unpatched systems on my network.  Your network is your network.

The reason for my posting was, I see the newer flight-simmers see some cool video on youtube, and they start over-tweaking p3d and mix some fsx config enteries and then add some "old FSX unoptimized" scenery/addon etc for P3Dv4 and that is where the trouble begins (Keyword: "Old FSX Unoptimized addon" here)

When you go to LM forums etc or even developer forums - everyone then starts to point finger - "Why is this scenery there?, why is this tweak entered" etc - You all get the drift on where I am going with this.

Again my preference is to install P3Dv4+ stated compatible addons in my P3D4.3 sim. And FSX stated addons in FSX (in a separate drive) that way I have zero problems.  Seriously 4.3 is amazing, I doubt I will really fly on FSX....it just sad that a whole ssd is being wasted for FSX as one main triple engine bird in it which is only for FSX now.

Thanks everyone for sharing some excellent points from all angles.  It was fun to read.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

And for the record: <g>

I'm not recommending to the complete newb that he or she install Win7 on a brand new $2000 + system.  :-)

• Like 1

Thanks for your words of wisdom Skywolf. 

• Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV