Sign in to follow this  
vin747

XP11 user blown away by P3D V4 !!

I'm actually very impressed with P3D V4.3 and all the premium addons like ORBX LC, ASP4, REX4, TomatoShade, QW 787, FB airports, etc..  Yes, X-Plane has the best night lighting (partly due to their HDR engine, but also largely because their road network is really good with street lights, better vehicles, etc).. but that said, I think with Tomatoshade + REX4, I think I like the P3D lighting at all other times of the day even more than XP11.. plus the colors are so vivid and sharp.. esp ORBX LC, etc.. so much eye candy that at times i'm just staring at the screen for an hour without flying! 

few other things i loved were the professional installers for UTlive, etc.. just click and launch and your AI traffic is ready to go.. other sims don't have this level professional 3rd party integration and support.. 

but having to run so many programs concurrently does seem to give some headaches.. like for e.g, last 2 days i did not know why my QW 787 tail logo light wasnt working.. turns out it doesnt like the shaders imposed by chaseplane.. when i turned chaseplane OFF, tail logo light worked! has anyone else faced this issue? P3D relies heavily on shaders for all the eye candy and most 3rd party addons want to meddle with shaders and this causes instability.. 

also ASP4 causes CTD when it regenerates weather i think.. again a shader issue probably.. i see a lot of ShaderHLSL errors in the log file.. would appreciate any tips from the pros..

thanks

Vinod.

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Fanb*oi war incoming in 3, 2, 1................

🙂 Glad you like it. Both sims have good and bad sides. A combination of the XP engine and the P3D addons would be my dream-simulator.

Edited by swiesma
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

. A combination of the XP engine and the P3D addons would be my dream-simulator.

That is a fact. Mine too

More Sims are moving toward vulkan these days.. Xp11 and AFS2 will be fully vulkan ready by end of the year.. Performance will be the next big differentiator going forward now that all Sims are in 64 bit world.. 

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Hope p3d v5 gives us the perf boost thru dx12 or some other magic.. Right now only AFS2 is VR capable.. Other Sims need to catch up.. I don't understand why the mainstream Sims can't take advantage of SLI.. We need two gtx 1080ti in sli to make VR a reality.. 

Vinod Kumar

6 hours ago, ErichB said:

That is a fact. Mine too

+1