Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

On 7/26/2018 at 3:05 PM, AKStirling said:

Hi .... having got sorted out with the 'how to' end of things with running the program, wonder what the consensus is regarding the look of the ortho on the ground .... I'm seeing anomalies which I've taken captures of and can be seen as per the links below. Interested to know if anyone  else seeing similar, and know any way of avoiding these .....???? 

1) Mallorca ..... ortho scenery stops short of the East end of the island though according to the map the whole island is covered by the 2 tiles ..... something else a litlle odd about this was the whole job only took between 2 & 3 hours to complete, which compares not at all with some of the mamoth time frames i've encountered for a single tile to be processed .... https://www.4shared.com/folder/i-UZIWaF/lepa.html

2) EGPK shows a dividing line between what looks like 2 seriously different colour palettes .......https://www.4shared.com/folder/weHJeXSN/EGPK.html

using exe version with BI17

Thats because a lot of your tile is water. If half the tile is water it'll take half the time.

ZL 17 is very high for a complete tile

Jon

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

On 8/17/2021 at 7:17 AM, philmurfin said:

Hello,
I wonder if I can put out a call for advice please?

I have the latest version of Ortho4 P3d installed and I've changed the config to point to resample.exe.
However, each time I compile the scenery, including to tick build for ESP and batch build,
everything goes through it's motions but I'm getting no add on scenery folder produced in the orthophotos folder.

Here's a little extract from my config file....

terrain_casts_shadows=True
use_decal_on_terrain=False
ESP_resample_loc=C:\\P3dOrthoResample\\resample.exe
ESP_scenproc_loc=C:\\Users\\fery2\\Desktop\\scenproc_latest_development_release_x64\\scenProc.exe
ESP_scenproc_script=default.spc
max_resample_processes=8
create_ESP_night=True
create_ESP_summer=True
create_ESP_spring=False
create_ESP_fall=False
create_ESP_winter=False
create_ESP_hard_winter=False

Any suggestions please?
Best....  Phil

Read the first 5 pages of this. You likely didn't select the tile

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

On 4/5/2021 at 4:40 AM, OzWhitey said:

The bgl files you make with ortho4xp for p3d are fully compatible with all versions of p3d and fsx.

Small print: If you want to make it theoretically better for v5, use the resample.exe file from the v5 sdk. Never noticed any difference between versions, but they seem to be different sizes etc so it’s possible (though unlikely) that something was changed.

I do most of my flying in v5.1, and 100% of my flying over ortho, absolutely no compatibility problems and none would be expected.

More specifically, p3d has had a problem with blurry ortho rendering in the past. This was fixed late in v4’s run (around v4.4, i think from memory), and v5 does a great job of rendering orthoscenery under challenging conditions.

So I am creating my Ortho's at 17 and the bmp's look great but when in P3D (specifically Greece in this case) they look horrible - like 14 in (the other sim we don't talk about) lol.

Am I doing something wrong?

Jon

He seguido los pasos tal y como se describen para fsx, crea la carpeta ADDON SCENERY junto con los bgl. al cargar la carpeta en el sim fsx cuando abro el escenario solo se ve una linea y no se carga el fotoreal.
Consejos, muchas gracias. 

I have followed the steps as described for fsx, it 
creates the ADDON SCENERY folder along with the bgl's.
When loading the folder in the sim fsx when I open the
stage, only one line is seen and the photoreal is not
loaded.
tips, thank you very much

cuando está el proceso indica que las imágenes se crean en blanco, al final es como se ve por defecto, pruebo con los otros servidores y es lo mismo.
Pasa en Costa Rica. 

Edited by jaguero
ortografia

when the process is there
it indicates that the
images are created in
white, in the end it is as
it is seen by default, I
try with the other servers
and it is the same.
It happens in Costa Rica.
Edited by jaguero

This is created with that program. 

sgEURNQ.jpg

There is a texture problem. Can someone tell me a fix? 

Does someone else have this error with Jakarta?

Step 1 : Building vector data for tile -07+106 :
--------

Downloading OSM data for ScenProc, this might take some time, please wait...
If OSM server rejects our request due to too many requests, will keep trying until successful.
Attempting to download OSM data from -7, 106 to -6.5, 106.5
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -6.5, 106 to -6.0, 106.5
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -7, 106.5 to -6.5, 107.0
Download successful
Attempting to download OSM data from -6.5, 106.5 to -6.0, 107.0
        OSM server MAP sent us an error code for the data (data too big ?), new tentative in 2 sec...

I get this error every time I try to download tile -07+106. Can anyone give me a fix? I read the topic, it seems no fix was provided. 

Then this happens 

Exception in thread Thread-9:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.py", line 916, in _bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.py", line 864, in run
  File "O4_Tile_Utils.py", line 163, in build_tile_list
  File "O4_Vector_Map.py", line 44, in build_poly_file
  File "O4_Vector_Map.py", line 154, in include_scenproc
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'int'

And the program just stops working. I am just having this problem only with this tile and with only assemble vector data and batch build, not anything else. 

I'll be glad on solution. 

Edited by PavlinS

I recommend using FSEarthTiles (FSET). It’s just better for fsx/p3d than ortho4xp_fsx_p3d (better quality, etc). I’ve also recently written a custom water masking solution. Before, FSET just used ortho4xp’s water masking code, which downloaded a lot of data not needed by FSX/P3D. My custom solution doesn’t do this and the result is much faster water masking, without as many timeouts from the OSM server (basically no time outs ever). Download it here:  https://github.com/stackTom/FSEarthTiles/releases

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero