Sign in to follow this  
wjtrefil

CANNOT control Trim Wheel again

Need help again.  I am using FSX;Accel.  Win 8.1  PMDG737NGX.  I was able to stop the Mouse from controlling the Yoke in the fsx\settings tab\ control tab\ and unchecking the box. This worked for a few flights, but now I cannot get the fsx program to remember my setting.  It keeps holding the Mouse as the yoke controller, which then gives me no control over the trim wheel when I am setting it from the FMS.

Is there a way to add a line to the FSX.CFG to stop the mouse from contolling the Sim?

I tried everything I can think of to work around this, but FSX is not cooperating.

Thanks for anyones advice.

Wayne T.

39 minutes ago, wjtrefil said:

Is there a way to add a line to the FSX.CFG to stop the mouse from contolling the Sim?

Run FSX as an admin.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the reply Kyle.

I run FSX and GoFlight Interface Toll as admin.  Wind defender excludes fsx and GIT.  UAC is off.

I just was able to start a flight and shut down FSX, and repeat.  This seems to be my work around this issue,which I never seen in the last 3 yrs.

1. start FMX       2.  load pmdg737     3.  Start GIT      4. Once the PMDG is fully initialized and go directly to the fsxmenu bar and select options\ Display settings\ controls\  then I uncheck the box for enable calibration controls and click OK. 

Now I have control over the trim wheel with the mouse.  You would think that when I finish a flight and close the flight and then exit fsx that fsx would remember my last settings.

Oh well!

Thanks.  Any other insight?

Wayne T.

12 minutes ago, wjtrefil said:

You would think that when I finish a flight and close the flight and then exit fsx that fsx would remember my last settings.

It normally does. What‘s the installation path of your FSX? 

If it‘s installed into the default location Program files (x64) then there might very likely be an issue with the rights management, even though you run it as an admin. 

I don‘t know win8.1 very well but it never let me use my FSX together with Accusim. PMDG went well but I can‘t say if that was „accidentally“ or not. No problems with win7 and 10, but 8 was unusable for me.

9 hours ago, wjtrefil said:

You would think that when I finish a flight and close the flight and then exit fsx that fsx would remember my last settings.

That's the thing...

FSX not remembering settings is an FSX issue, but mainly one where it doesn't have the permissions to save to the file that it needs to. This is caused by only two things:

1. Not running FSX as an admin; or
  2. An anti-virus program not letting it save its files

As Marc mentioned, having FSX in your Program Files (x86) folder can contribute to both, but more to point 1. With UAC off, and the folder excluded, I can't imagine how it would be an issue, but something is causing FSX to not save its data properly...

Kyle Rodgers

TO KYLE RODGERS.

This inability to adjust the trim wheel came back.  No matter what I do I cannot get it to work.  FSX is running in admin.  UAC off.

Settings/control/ are disabled.   when I start FSX, I start PMDG as usual,  start the GIT,  load the airport, start flight, let PMDG initialize, and then check the settings/control/ and I see that the mouse is enabled.  It should not show that, right?  I uncheck the box, say OK, go into the sim and when I place the mouse over the trim wheel I get high neg numbers and that wont work with this a/c.

Im at my point of total frustration.  Do I have to do a complete reinstall FSX again?

Wayne T.

3 minutes ago, wjtrefil said:

start the GIT

What is this?

It should not show that, right?

No, it shouldn't, but again, this really isn't a PMDG issue - at all.

Do I have to do a complete reinstall FSX again?

Doubt it'll help. Something is causing the sim to behave like this and is overriding the sim. Removing the sim and reinstalling it isn't going to make it any less susceptible to this.

People in the sim community really need to stop thinking of this as a solution except in exceedingly rare situations (and usually only when directed by a developer). It really isn't the cure-all that people claim it is.

Kyle Rodgers

TO KYLE RODGERS.

GIT is the Goflight interface tool that controls the goflight MCPPRO and EFIS and their modules.  They all work correctly.

What is that Rights issue that one of the postmentioned?

TO KYLE RODGERS.

What if someone else in the forum comes through this thread and has the answer...?

If you need to make it clear you're responding to my questions, highlight the text and then click the "Quote Text" button, or hit the Quote button on my post.

4 minutes ago, wjtrefil said:

GIT is the Goflight interface tool that controls the goflight MCPPRO and EFIS and their modules.  They all work correctly.

Do they, though...? How have you verified this? Have you tried a flight without it to test to see if the issue persists?

Try not running GIT for a flight. Report back.

5 minutes ago, wjtrefil said:

What is that Rights issue that one of the postmentioned?

Kyle Rodgers

Back Kyle,

Before I read your post, I added PMDG folder to the exclude list for Wind Def AV.

I must haveread your mind, for I tested PMDG with no Goflight Interface Tool.  Trim wheel functions correctly.

All Goflight modules have no function,which makes sense.   Reboot PC.

Test PMDG again with GIT started up before loading the test flight.  And the Trim wheel is OK.  MCPPRO and EFIS and all modules are ok.

I wonder if adding that c:\FMX\PMDG to the WD exclusion list was the answer.

Hope this is the last I need to post help.

THANKS!!!!!!!

43 minutes ago, wjtrefil said:

Back Kyle,

Before I read your post, I added PMDG folder to the exclude list for Wind Def AV.

I must haveread your mind, for I tested PMDG with no Goflight Interface Tool.  Trim wheel functions correctly.

All Goflight modules have no function,which makes sense.   Reboot PC.

Test PMDG again with GIT started up before loading the test flight.  And the Trim wheel is OK.  MCPPRO and EFIS and all modules are ok.

I wonder if adding that c:\FMX\PMDG to the WD exclusion list was the answer.

Hope this is the last I need to post help.

THANKS!!!!!!!

Gotta love the Windows fix...

Enjoy the flying.

Kyle Rodgers