Sign in to follow this  
robvanderwiele

Radar Control Loop

Hello Dave,

Yesterday I encountered my first loop. I was making a short flight from EDDM to EDDN in Germany. I was instructed to contact radar control, which I did. Radar control then started telling me I should contact radar control and again and again......

I disconnected and reconnected again, filed the flight plan and made contact again. So far so good, I was cleared for the approach but never got the instruction to switch to the tower frequency. So I pronounced a established call to the current controller (I was established), then I got the instruction to contact tower. After landing I never got the instruction to contact ground.

I'll send you the log file.

Regards,
Rob

I’ve come across this too once or twice this week. I can break the loop by manually entering a wrong frequency and the switching back to the correct one. 

Cheers, Andy.

There is a bug in the current version where this seems to happen on short flights where the TOD occurs early in the flight or there is a STAR that begins shortly after takeoff.

It is fixed in the upcoming 2505 update.  As a workaround, try the route without a STAR and be sure the Altitude, GS and descent rate place the TOD well after the departure, preferably closer to the destination than the departure airport.

Dave