brucets

NVIDA Display Driver not listed in W10 Control Panel??

Greetings!

I am using the Steam version of FSX in Windows 10. I am running a year old system with a I7-7700k(non clocked) and a 1080Ti with the original installed GeForce 388.13 driver. I am using NVI with Nick's recommended settings(Mar 28 2018 Update), with one exception - 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling. I also use Steve's DX10 Fixer. I would say my graphics are excellent, if not stunning. The one problem I have is very significant stutters and long pauses particularly when landing at FSDT Airports starting mostly about 20mi out. Suggestions invited!

Though I am not planning to change the display driver at the moment, in the list of programs in the Control Panel I see no NVIDIA Display Driver listed, only a NVIDIA HD Audio Driver is shown????? There is a *Windows Driver Package - Corsair Components, Inc* listed. Does that have the Display Driver in it? 

In my "C" drive Program Files, Program Files (86), and Program Data folders all have NVIDIA Corporation Folders, but none have files called *Display Driver*. Both Program Files and Program Files (86) contain a folder titled *Display.NvContainer*. Inside each folder is an Application titled NVDisplay.Container. Are they the display driver??

Prior Windows Operating Systems all listed the NVIDIA Display Driver in the list of programs in the Control Panel. Windows 10 doesn't. How would I delete the current display driver if I wanted to change drivers? I'm confused.

Thanks!

Bruce

If you had installed the NVIDIA driver via the NVIDIA installer it will show up in Add/Remove Programs. If you are concerned that you want a newer driver, you can download and install the newest set of drivers and they will show up there.

If you are concerned that you will not get rid of all the old drivers when installing with the NVIDIA driver, then you can use the excellent cleaner tool maintained by Guru3D here: http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html

I didn't install any drivers. They were installed by Micro Center when the PC was built. Oddly, the display driver is not shown in the Add/Remove programs(it's not called that in W10), as I posted above. Why is that???

As I said - I am not switching drivers at present. My only question is, why isn't the driver listed in the AD/Remove Programs, and where do I find it when it IS time to replace it?

Thanks -

Bruce