Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Understand fuel load QW 757

I am used to setting my fuel up easily in other adding like PMDG,Leveld767 etc. I have no idea though how to understand the load manager in the 757 though. I read through the manual and it had graphs but was confusing to me. I only needed 60,000 lbs fuel but it doesn’t give me that option. Shows cargo and forward,mid and aft economy. Like other Addison’s I could move the slider to the correct fuel but this doesn’t have that. I just watch the zero fuel weight move which I’m unfamiliar with. Can someone help me?

Josh Scholl

Josh,

The QW Load Manager does not offer the feature to load a specific amount of fuel.  You could load fuel using FSX where you can equally divide fuel amount into each fuel tank.  The QW Load Manager does allow for loading passenger and cargo either using four preset percentages or by manually adjusting the weight amount of each load zone (First Class, Mid Economy, Rear Economy, Front Cargo, and Aft Cargo) using sliders or the arrow keys on your keyboard.  

From the aircraft.cfg file, the QW passenger 757-200 has a two class configuration:  16 passengers in first class and 170 passengers in economy class.  Since the Load Manager shows a maximum weight of 3000 lbs for first class, I'm computing 188 lbs per passenger (rounding up) in a maximum of 16 first class, 80 mid economy, and 90 rear economy.  Actually it should be about 101 passengers for rear economy, but this would be a higher passenger count than 186, so I'm using 90.  I also assume 24 lbs of luggage per passenger.  You can certainly distribute this differently as long as your weights abide by the maximum weight figures. 

So, with 140 passenger I would load 3000 on first class, 11280 in mid economy, and 12784 in rear economy.  For cargo, I computer 3360 lbs baggage.  Assuming 10,800 lbs of additional cargo (random number), that's a total of 14160 lbs of cargo (baggage + additional cargo).  Since 14160 is less than the max cargo amount (10300 + 16300 = 26600), you could distribute it anyway you like between the two compartments.  In this case you could even load it all in the aft cargo compartment.  But we need to keep the weights as balanced as possible.  The way I do it is to use Front Cargo = (max Front Cargo / max Total Cargo) x Actual Total Cargo.  Aft Cargo = Actual Total Cargo - Front Cargo.  In this case it would be Front Cargo = (10300 / 26600) x 14160, which is 5483 lbs., and Aft Cargo = 14160 - 5483 which is 8677.  This results in a ZFW of 174364 lbs.  

This is possibly more than you wanted, but hope it helps.  

Dave

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library