DaveH

Engage Autopilot

I know this is a stupid question, but I have been flying PMDG aircraft for so long, I forgot how to use the Garmin 1000.  Been reviewing the Help manual, but don't see ANYTHING about how to engage the autopilot and have it hold a heading or Nav course.  I press Z and it seems to keep the wings level, etc., but I can't have it change heading with the Heading knob.

Can anyone help an "old" newbie trying to relearn the G1000?

Dave Hinson

OK - I'll remove this post.  Thanks, all.

By the way, I am NOT a newbie, I have been using FlightSim for many, many years, including VATSIM controlling.  I just can't really find out if the MilViz Baron G1000 autopilot is on or off.  There are other planes using with G1000 that have a separate autopilot box, but I can't find one on the Baron.

Dave Hinson

Are you sure you mean the Milviz Baron? I wasn't aware it had a G1000.

The default B58 Baron has a G1000 option but there is no built-in autopilot. Shift+2 (I think) brings up the pop-up autopilot. Hope that helps.

Thanks for replying, frog.  My mistake, the Baron I am flying is the Perfect Flights Baron, not MilViz.

Finally figured to look in the User's Guide and saw ( MUCH TO MY AMAZEMENT !) that there a popup autopilot gauge that does not appear on the Baron panel.

Problem solved.  Look in the manuals, word not allowed !

Dave

Edited by DaveH
Addition