Sign in to follow this  
kevchris

Speed Issue - Please Help

Hello Everyone:

I am re-writing this in an effort to be more clear about the problem I am experiencing.

Taking off is normal with rotation at about 150kts.  During the climb out the speed remains at about 165kts, and this is when I see the airspeed slowly dropping.  It continues to drop until I level off, and then it remains constant at about 175kts at the most.  I notice that the aircraft will not increase in speed even in level flight beyond 200kts.   In fact, it struggles to get to 200.  I cannot find any source of drag; spoilers are not engaged, flaps retracted, landing gear up, etc.

I did not ever have this problem with the PMDG 737NGX in prior flights.  The first time I noticed this was after doing a complete re-install of P3D following the release of the 4.3 update.   At that time, I did a complete re-install of all my addons including the PMDG 737.

I am not a real pilot, so perhaps I am missing a simple setting somewhere, and I would appreciate anyone helping me troubleshoot.

Thank you.

Kevin MacDonald

Edited by kevchris
To be more clear in my explanation

If you are using FSUIPC you should move the FSUIPC5.ini file to your desktop and test to see if problem is solved.  If not, you can always put it back.

What about weather?  Abnormally high temperatures can ruin you day...  and your problem description is causing me more and more concern each time I read it.  If Vr is 150 then what is the V2?  Normal initial climb until acceleration height is V2+10.  Regardless, the FSUIPC or weather error are the first two places to look.

Dan Downs KCRP

downscc - thank you!  - is was the fsuipc.ini file.  I moved to my desktop and problem went away.  Now the question is - is this a setting within FSUIPC that I can correct?

Kevin MacDonald

Check that FSUIPC is up to date. Then simply let fsuipc rebuild a new ini file (it actually already has done so) to work with. Fsuipc is a great and powerful tool if set up correctly but can screw your sim up completely if you are careless just a second (as you have experienced)