Sign in to follow this  
Guest fvpang

PMDG Panel with Posky Model NG

Guest fvpang

Does anyone know how to merge PMDG panel with Posky model?Can anyone help?ThanksCapt. Fabian

Guest lalo lolo1

You can do it yourself, it is not so difficult.Make a back up of EVERYTHING. Even if you want to keep the PMDG untouched, copy the PMDG 737 folders with all their contents, paste them out of FS, rename them to whatever you like (POSKY-PMDG could be an option). Then cut them and paste them into the Aircraft section of FS9.Then, copy the two files within the model folder of the Posky and paste them in the model folder of the PMDG, overwriting when asked.Or if you want create a folder named model.posky into the PMDG aircraft folder with the two Posky files in it. If you do this last one you have to make sure that you write posky near the model= lines of the PMDG aircaft.cfg.Then open both aircraft.cfg and copy the LIGHTS and CONTACT POINTS sections from the Posky one and paste them in the LIGHTS and CONTACT POINTS sections of the PMDG (Make sure they overwrite whatever iy is in the PMDG section).Then just change the aircraft.cfg so it sees your Posky textures (of course you have to insert all textures you want to use into the PMDG aircraft folder)If this is confusing, ask what you doubt could be. I have merged practically anything in FS and could make a 747 fly like a Cessna 172 if I wanted.Leo

Guest fvpang

Thanks for the help! Leo. Can you gave me your e-mail or msn messenger so I can contact you because I also want to merge the feelthere erj panel with the dreamwings model.Once again thanks for the help!Fabian

Guest Ted_Pan

Hey Leo...I have tried what you've suggested... it seems to have problems...main gear dont retractplane falls into ground (on tail)If you've got a working aircraft.cfg please email me a copy...Thanks.Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak Alaska

It is not possible to merge PMDG 737 or 747 with any other model, because PMDG uses internal routines, however that is working, I am not a programmer, but if you use a Posky model, many many things will go wrong. Not only gear not retracting, but also wrong performance curves, fuel consumption, etc.PMDG has worked hard on both planes, why do you want to "remove" that??

Guest silentghost

search "PMDG POSKY merge" . there was a post in the screenshot forum named "edits from my last merge job" which has this info in it. i used it and its great!

Guest Ted_Pan

are you talking about the 700 merge?Are you using the same points etc?I know the 700 merge with all of posky's models works very well...I dont see myself as sabotaging anyone's hard work... I am not a thief either... I think of it more as compliment... who wouldnt?I am not into marketing or selling their work... I have nearly every payware aircraft made in the last 10 years... Is it wrong that I should try to merge them? I think not.Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska

Guest fvpang

Thanks! for that tip silentghost but where I can find it? in what forum?Fabian

Guest thedoggg

I agree. I don't see anything wrong with merging. Has nothing to do with stealing anything. If we can merge a panel it means we paid for the product. Who cares if we use a different model. As a matter of fact I don't know why developers don't facilitate merges. Posky could easily have created a model that easily merges with the existing PMDG panel which they should know many would want to use. They didn't and I have had no success with the PMDGPosky merge so far. It seems always something doesn't work right. That being said, I like the PMDG model as it is. The Level D is much easier to merge and I have merged both the Posky 762 and 752. Have not tried the 753 but should work as well. They all fly like light 763's but still better than using a freeware panel and FS9 gps.Regards, Carlos

Guest lalo lolo1

Fabian,Sometimes the contact points can be tricky and need a special copy/paste.I hope you backed up everything as I told you. Try this, that should solve the problem of the landing gear and unstability on the ground:In the contact points only copy/paste from the Posky into the PMDG the section with point.0=...point1=.... etcand leave the following lines untouched (leave the original PMDG ones):static_pitch=....static_cg_height=...gear_system_type=....I repeat, just in case, the ... in these three lines should be the original PMDG numbers.Let us know if it works :).Anyway, I'll try it myself and will come back later.Leo

Guest silentghost

It was in the screenshot forum not too long ago.

I have to agree. Why in the world do you want to switch the default PMDG model for a Posky model? I can't see any benefit of a merge.Pat

Guest lalo lolo1

Ok, I tried it and it is a disaster. It is not a PMDG problem, but the kind of configuration that was done for the Posky model.The lights are out of position and I leave that to anyone that wants to take the time.I was able to fix the contact points and now it works well:These are the values for both PMDG and Posky 737-800:[contact_points]point.0=1.000, -13.416, 0.000, -10.433, 1200.000, 0.000, 1.191, 60.000, 0.655, 1.769, 0.736, 8.000, 7.500, 0.000, 270.000, 230.000point.1=1.000, -65.500, -9.375, -10.840, 1500.000, 1.000, 1.823, 0.000, 0.611, 1.897, 0.797, 10.000, 9.500, 2.000, 270.000, 230.000point.2=1.000, -65.500, 9.375, -10.840, 1500.000, 2.000, 1.823, 0.000, 0.611, 1.897, 0.797, 9.000, 8.500, 3.000, 270.000, 230.000point.3=2.000, -84.286, -56.917, 2.088, 350.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 5.000, 0.000, 0.000point.4=2.000, -84.286, 56.917, 2.088, 350.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 6.000, 0.000, 0.000point.5=2.000,-117.196, 0.000, -1.497, 750.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 9.000, 0.000, 0.000point.6=2.000, -0.610, 0.000, -0.918, 350.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 4.000, 0.000, 0.000static_pitch=-0.20static_cg_height=7.95gear_system_type=0If you want to merge the 738s you can use the lines above.In case you use other models (737-700 for example) you have to work it a little.The contact points section is the original PMDG with a couple of changes. To configure any of the other models, you have to keep the original PMDG contact points section. The the AC will appears a little sunk (flat wheels effect). You have to play and do a trial error with the first three contact points (it is one for every gear), the fourth sections of each (the ones with the values -10.433, -10.840 and -10.840) by increasing the decimal values. For example the one for the nose gear was originally -10.021 and I had to set it at -10.433. It takes a while until you find the desired effect, but it works.Leo

Guest fvpang

Thanks to everyone who joins these forum specially to Leo how gave us the tips to make this merge of this incredible two companies.For the people who doesn

It's entirely possible.Obviously, it is important to maintain as much of the PMDG FDE as possible. Simple alaising or copy-paste will not work. The "problem" is the reference_datum_position for both FDE's are set to different locations, and as all light, contact point, weight and balance, etc., data is, errr, referenced :-hah , to this location, they are not interchangeable without a little simple math.OK, for the contact points, the only values that should ever be changed are the heights, at least for this merge; leave all lateral and longitudinal coordinates be. Moving them in any other way will affect FMC CofG calculations.These two will also have to be adjusted:static_pitch=static_cg_height=A bit of trial and error for those two, keep in mind, sometimes you'll notice, when the sim is first loaded, the selected aircraft will either collapse or spring up on it's gear while static. Or you'll notice it pitch, ever so slightly, up or down. Both of these issues can be cured by setting proper values for the above two entries.For the lights, actually just a very simple task of taking the difference between the reference_datum_position coords for each a/c, and applying that to the light coords.Also not a bad idea to do this to the views= entry as well, or you might find yourself a little too close to the wing.I have the 700W, 800, and 900 done, and I might do the 800W, not certain yet.I'd post the actual details but, I'm not sure if PMDG et al would find that acceptable.

Regards,

Brian Doney