Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest John_Cillis

Misc screenshots

Guest John_Cillis

Eclipse out of Unalaska in the Aleutians, Cessna over some spectacular Frisco scenery, freeware at that, adds a detailed Frisco to Xplane 10 and 11 and a great SFO airport, along with some photoreal textures of the northern SF peninsula and city.  I picked the Aleutians for the Eclipse because they are rarely shared in either P3D, FSX or Xplane, and offer a great contrast between the mountains and ocean.  I flew over them once on a Northwest Airlines flight in '92 enroute nonstop from SFO to Tokyo, saw them from FL350 peeking up from the summer overcast below.

John

XL1jbZN.png
xJTYURk.png
k6iF9iI.png
CxLNFib.png
BHmz8MD.png
yhY0yXn.png
plLc5zS.png
piGdq90.png
xF1z6Oo.png
t8fBDnh.png
ssQRCp6.png
9hqg8s7.png
I1Xchw7.png
pPEHcfk.png

Been to SFO a couple of times. Great city to visit! I can see both Oakland Bay and Golden Gate Bridge. Can also faintly see the TransAmerica Pyramid, spent a couple of hours around it, and looking up which building was a feeling very unlike other skyscrapers...

Guest John_Cillis
41 minutes ago, P_7878 said:

Been to SFO a couple of times. Great city to visit! I can see both Oakland Bay and Golden Gate Bridge. Can also faintly see the TransAmerica Pyramid, spent a couple of hours around it, and looking up which building was a feeling very unlike other skyscrapers...

I have been to the top of the Transamerica Pyramid, Embarcadero Center, Bank of America building, and Coit Tower, having lived near San Francisco for almost thirty years.  Been thru the '89 earthquake and several others there, including the Santa Rosa earthquake, 1980's Livermore earthquake and many others along the Hayward and Roger's Creek faults, sometimes even at work.  Was in a small Tornado that touched down on a golf course in the southern Napa County, now owned by a Hollywood producer, and have endured and driven in many hurricane force windstorms.  On the Pacific Coast, at Goat Rock, my father and I survived 75 foot waves when ten lives were lost nearby, we clung to driftwood as the four foot deep surge went around and past us, then we went, soaked, to dinner counting the blessing from the Lord above we had that day.  Phoenix where I live today has mostly mild weather, although we survived a 100mph windstorm once in 1996, that damaged every home in our subdivision except ours, we were protected by trees.  Phoenix is popular as a corporate headquarters because we seldom have natural disasters, having only experienced shaking from California earthquakes in the twenty years I have lived here.

John

Guest John_Cillis

Lately I have been enjoying flying out of those hidden gems in P3D and Xplane, where the detailed mesh and accurate landclass lend such beauty to low level flight, flying in the light and shadows that play on the mountains and in the inlets and coves the seashore makes.

John

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.