Sign in to follow this  
croesxyqu

Lost licences to my PMDG's

Hey all,

so a few weeks ago my motherboard fried up and with it all my registered copies of MSFSX, my PMDG aircraft and my windows instalation.

And because I once already had to use my second keys for my PMDG's, due to me having to wiping out my whole hard drive without being able to unregister all of my registered applications first, I'm officially out of keys.

Can someone tell me if PMDG will accept this as a valid reason to get me new ones? Or if it's possible to use the still funcional hard drive and run it on another computer to unregister them so I can use them again? Also does this mean that when I build my next pc, I will have to buy a retail copy of Windows 10?

Thanks in advance,

Xyqu

p.s. I can stil use my MSFSX key right?

Hey,

Best thing to do is contact PMDG through their support system.

https://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/

They're pretty good at responding in a timely fashion there. Issues with activations and licences are topics only they can help you with.
That being said, they made no problem of it when I ran out of activations for one of their products a couple of years back.

The Windows question depends on what you're planning to do for a new PC. If you're buidling one from scratch (or reused parts) then yes, you'll probably need to buy a retail copy if you don't have a valid license for Windows 10 anymore.

Regards,

Lars Domen, aka Tyrion

My FS projects: http://larsdomen.tumblr.com/

You can run Windows 10 without activation indefinately at present and all systems and components relative to flight simming work fine, I know cause that's my situation.

Make it a fresh install and you're good to go.

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

On 8/11/2018 at 10:17 AM, Tyrion said:

The Windows question depends on what you're planning to do for a new PC. If you're buidling one from scratch (or reused parts) then yes, you'll probably need to buy a retail copy if you don't have a valid license for Windows 10 anymore.

hey tyrion yes I'm planning on building a new system, but I still have my windows 7 key sticker on my old computer case. And I know for a fact that windows allows W7 keys to activate W10 keys Please do correct me if im wrong

On 8/11/2018 at 11:26 AM, Boomer said:

You can run Windows 10 without activation indefinately at present and all systems and components relative to flight simming work fine, I know cause that's my situation.

And won't you get that nasty text at the bottom right corner telling you to activate it..?

That Win 7 sticker is an OEM I imagine, and hopefully it will work..If it doesn't then thats why..I know some Win 10 upgrades didnt work with the OEM releases...

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

XyQu,

No need to worry- we are here to help.  Our activation process is dynamic, and looks at a number of factors before it "tells you no."

When it DOES tell you no, just reach out to tech support and let them know you need help.  No need to worry about "having a valid story."  We are simmers too- so we know how reinstalls and hardware upgrades can go. 

We also have quite a bit of data in the system and the abusers/hackers stand out to us- so it is normally a pretty effortless process for regular users like you who just need a reset!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

On 8/12/2018 at 5:10 PM, vegasjon said:

That Win 7 sticker is an OEM I imagine, and hopefully it will work..If it doesn't then thats why..I know some Win 10 upgrades didnt work with the OEM releases...

Indeed it's an OEM, but I already used it once when i formatted my hard drive an used a USB to install windows 10. So if there isn't a limit on the activation, I'll be okay.

On 8/13/2018 at 5:51 PM, rsrandazzo said:

No need to worry- we are here to help.  Our activation process is dynamic, and looks at a number of factors before it "tells you no."

When it DOES tell you no, just reach out to tech support and let them know you need help.  No need to worry about "having a valid story."  We are simmers too- so we know how reinstalls and hardware upgrades can go. 

We also have quite a bit of data in the system and the abusers/hackers stand out to us- so it is normally a pretty effortless process for regular users like you who just need a reset!

Okay first off kinda excited that the actual Robert Randazzo replied to me. Secondly thanks a lot for this and I'll definitely keep in mind to use tech support if anything goes wrong