Sign in to follow this  
gaab

Cockpit layout questions

Hi,

I have a hard time to find what are the two switchs on co-pilot side with tooltip "Slave/Free" and "CcwCw".
What is the use of the MH levers.

zZ5B8PD.jpg

My english and my pilot experience are not sufficient to understand 😞

I am also looking for
- the elevator trim wheel
- the boost pump (referred to in the normal checklist) - I only found the wobble pump...
- the Master Ignition Switch

Thanks for your help !

Gérard

EDIT : I just found the trim wheel on the right side of the pilot seat (not easy to see)

EDIT 2 : : The two gang bars play the role of the Master Electric Switch (left) and Master Ignition Switch (right). Thanks to MCX to help find out....

TO Carenado : I am really missing a picture of the VC with a description of the layout !

Edited by gaab

"MH" = "Manifold Heat" probably the same as "carb heat"

"OC" = "Oil Cooler" (probably not modeled by Carenado)

Carenado is well known for not providing very much helpful information regarding aircraft systems and cockpit layout. Hope this helps.

Hi gaab,

The fuel booster pumps are located inside each of the front main fuel tanks. Individual booster pump switches found on the left subpanel activate the electric fuel booster pumps. They supply fuel under pressure to the carburetors for priming and engine starting as well supplement the engine driven pumps for take-offs and landings.

In addition, during engine start, the primer switch will momentarily activate the fuel booster pumps so that pressure is available for priming even though the booster pump switch may not have been turned ON.

Thanks to both of you for these explanations.
Right now I am out for a week...

When I come back, I will try to illustrate them on a VC picture.

Gérard