Sign in to follow this  
johncas

loading issue

When loading FSX you can get to the main menu when you try to load up the simulation by pressing fly now you just end up with a black screen you cant fly but if you go into settings and select preview directx 19 it will load up but the textures on downloaded add-ons wont display you just get a white plane

Sounds like a screwed up graphics driver.  So you get only a black screen unless you check the DX10 preview box, which goofs up the textures on addon aircraft.

I also read where the OP fixed the same problem by uninstalling Acceleration and then reinstalling.  Are you using the 3 disc version of FSX?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Agree with charliearon.

nebojsa

I agree too that it sounds like a graphics driver not correctly displaying DirectX 9. However, I don't entirely agree with this statement:

On 8/14/2018 at 3:39 PM, charliearon said:

...unless you check the DX10 preview box, which goofs up the textures on addon aircraft...

Unless by "addon aircraft" you're referring to fan-made, free downloads. I've yet to purchase any FSX Steam Edition compatible addon aircraft, that didn't correctly display textures when DX10 Preview is enabled. That even includes bonus, freebies offered at some online stores.  Also includes the freebie aircraft thrown in to packages such as the Discover adventure series.

Fan-made aircraft claiming to be FSX compatible on the other hand - for sure, there are few that have updated textures.

Edited by Kronovan

1 hour ago, Kronovan said:

I agree too that it sounds like a graphics driver not correctly displaying DirectX 9. However, I don't entirely agree with this statement:

Unless by "addon aircraft" you're referring to fan-made, free downloads. I've yet to purchase any FSX Steam Edition compatible addon aircraft, that didn't correctly display textures when DX10 Preview is enabled. That even includes bonus, freebies offered at some online stores.  Also includes the freebie aircraft thrown in to packages such as the Discover adventure series.

Fan-made aircraft claiming to be FSX compatible on the other hand - for sure, there are few that have updated textures.

OK, sorry.......freeware addons!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes I get a blank screen when I check the preview directx 10 the sim will load up but textures don't display on add-ons but do on the default planes

As for disks im sure im using the 2 disk dvd version

Edited by johncas

Now it's time to check out your graphics driver.

Charlie Aron