Sign in to follow this  
MCharm

Engine Hydrolic Pumps

Hello,

I wondered if you could help with an issue with the PMDG 737 engine hydrolic pumps? Starting from cold and dark, I cannot get the low pressure warning light to go out and hence can't start the engines - this problem is new, as it never used to be the case.

APU is running, fuel pumps are on, hyd pump switchs are on and left and right packs are off. Any advice would be much appreciated.

With thanks

Mark

Hydraulic pumps causing an engine not to start? That's new...

If it started doing this randomly, it might be a cockpit state being corrupted. 

I know that had been the culprit sometimes.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

The hydr pumps are driven electrically and by the engines. They don‘t affect the engine start though. For the engines to start you need pneumatic pressure, so turn off the packs (as you did), set the APU bleed valve to open and the isolation valve to auto... then check the pneu pressure and select GND start. N2 should spool up, followed by N1. 

You could also post a screenshot of your overhead so we can see how it's set up.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate your help. I did do a screenshot but couldn’t work out how to upload it, as it wouldn’t allow copy and paste! 

It would be good if I could get this sorted, as it is making the sim unusable from cold and dark. 

Thanks again

Mark

4 hours ago, MCharm said:

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate your help. I did do a screenshot but couldn’t work out how to upload it, as it wouldn’t allow copy and paste! 

It would be good if I could get this sorted, as it is making the sim unusable from cold and dark. 

Thanks again

Mark

Did you install the latest update from about 2-3 weeks ago? Some users experienced trouble with corrupt panel states which was fixed in that update. 

Like others said above, the hydraulic pumps don't inhibit engine start. It's normal for the engine hydraulic pumps to show the low pressure warning when the engines are off.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Thanks for your help everyone. Things went from bad to worse, where I couldn’t select panels and switches, so I decided to uninstall everything and start again - I was hoping to avoid this lol. Anyway, it has done the trick and everything is back to normal; can start engines and all switches working as they should. 

Thanks again. 

Mark 

• Like 1