Sign in to follow this  
saygni123

''problem'' with weather radar rain patterns

hello i use active sky for p3d v4 as my weather engine however i believe there is something wrong with rain pattern.i dont know how to explain so here is the picture. https://i.hizliresim.com/aYpX47.jpg  . i meant it does not look realistic only there are a lot of circles instead of 1 whole raining area. i tried with pmdg 737 777 and quality wing 787 allsame problem maybe i m missing something 

I suggest you open a support ticket with Hifi.

support.hifitechinc.com

They should be able to help.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

This is a 02-20-2017 quote from Damian,over at the Active Sky forums," In short, the radar depicts things based on the cloud models and depiction system, and is 100% accurate, which is why it looks a little strange since the cloud models are presented that way in a cell wx environment. We have to change the visual depiction system to change this, and it IS something we are working on, but is not any kind of easy "fix"."

I hope they fix this,as it irritates the heck out of me...

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I see the exact same thing with the towering CB type thunderstorms. Other type of rain looks much better on radar. Don't bother opening a support ticket, its a limitation of the software. 

Eric 

3 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

This is a 02-20-2017 quote from Damian,over at the Active Sky forums," In short, the radar depicts things based on the cloud models and depiction system, and is 100% accurate, which is why it looks a little strange since the cloud models are presented that way in a cell wx environment. We have to change the visual depiction system to change this, and it IS something we are working on, but is not any kind of easy "fix"."

I hope they fix this,as it irritates the heck out of me...

well i watched a lot of youtube videos from streamer and youtuber and their radar doesnt look like mine. not like little cells.