Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Pilot2ATC not tracking waypoints correctly

Obviously the program got confused.  I tried to duplicate the issue and could not, but it is certainly possible to confuse the waypoint tracking.  

When this happens, the best course of action is:

1. Disconnect P2A
  2. Reconnect P2A
  3. File the flight plan again
  4. If you are not on a controller frequency, use the Freq window to find an Approach or Departure frequency
  5. Make a call to request a Center Controller.  "<CallSign> request frequency change to Center"
  6. Make initial call to the new Center frequency.  For example "Center, <Call Sign> climbing to FL 120"
  7. If you're in a climb, you may need to request a climb to your cruise altitude.  In the example above, as you approach FL120, make a call "<CallSign> request climb to FL 310"

This should get things back on track for the rest of the flight.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I just tried with KJFK and EHAM, it gets stuck on the 1st waypoint.

Very strange.  Is the aircraft following the route on the map and passing each of the waypoints? 

Have you tried these routes in other aircraft?  Is the program running smoothly? 

If you're running low on CPU or memory, I suppose that could cause the waypoint tracker to miss a waypoint passage and get off track, although I haven't heard of that issue before.

That is strange.  I cannot duplicate the problem and others are not reporting it either.

Have you checked your Memory and CPU resources when you are flying?  

Email me your P2A Log file to admin@pilot2atc.com.  I'll have a look and see if there's some sort of error causing the waypoint tracking to not work.

Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.

Thanks,

Dave

Yeah it's very strange. Unfortunately I can't run any other planes in my full size 747 simulator! It'll be fantastic to get this working on it! I use the default 747 model tied into Aerowinx PSX. i will email you the logs now. Thanks again for your help.

i have been having issues with waypoint tracking with recent releases at every departure airport.  Yes I am flying the right plan but it is always stuck at the airport.  the procedure (royal pain) sometimes corrects problem.  I have used the validate button and this corrects the tracking until I reach the next waypoint and then it gets stuck again.

I am using with X plane 11.

P2A confused I'll say but this was rarely the case now it is more often.

I'm on my 5th day of my trial and this has been happening to me too. The top part of the screen the waypoint either gets stuck on the first HDG-xxx fix or goes straight to the destination airport. I've noticed it usually happens when theres a SID, I even make sure to stay on the runway heading until the HDG-xxx waypoint but it doesn't make a difference. 

When it gets stuck at the first waypoint I keep getting ATC directions to climb and continue on course but never get instructions to descend. If it gets stuck on the destination airport then everything seems to work fine, I still get directed to descend via my STAR and approach.

I've included part of the log in which it occured, you can see it switches from ANKUB (departure SID waypoint) to YMML (Desination airport).

InterruptAudio in SayPhrase Jase One Two Three Contact SYDNEY Departure on One Two Three point zero ,  have a good one  10/16/2018 14:25:35
AudioInterrupts: 1 in InterruptAudio 14:25:35
ControllerChanging: True : 10/16/2018 14:25:35
ATC Speak:  Jase One Two Three Contact SYDNEY Departure on One Two Three point zero ,  have a good one 14:25:35
Sug Resp:  ~Departure on One Two Three point zero 14:25:35
NewActiveWpt: ANKUB
RespondToFlightTrigger 14:25:37 Trigger:ReachedNextFltPlanWaypoint
RespondToFlightTriggerValidated 14:25:37 Trigger:ReachedNextFltPlanWaypoint
rOnReachedNextFltPlanWaypoint: ANKUB; 14:25:37
OnTTSWavePlaybackStopped 10/16/2018 14:25:41
UnInterruptAudio in OnTTSWavePlaybackStopped SugRes:~Departure on One Two Three point zero  Jase One Two Three
 10/16/2018 14:25:41
AudioInterrupts: 0 in UnInterruptAudio 14:25:41
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: Departure on One Two Three point zero  Jase One Two Three
 10/16/2018 14:25:41
AudioInterrupts: 1 in InterruptAudio 14:25:41
NewActiveWpt: YMML
RespondToFlightTrigger 14:25:42 Trigger:ReachedNextFltPlanWaypoint
RespondToFlightTriggerValidated 14:25:42 Trigger:ReachedNextFltPlanWaypoint
rOnReachedNextFltPlanWaypoint: YMML; 14:25:42
Recognized Speech: Departure on One Two Three Point Zero Jase One Two Three 14:25:45
HandleFrequencyReadback 14:25:45
CoPilot Changing Freq.  StandbyController set to: YSSY Dep              123.00  10/16/2018 14:25:47
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 10/16/2018 14:25:47
AudioInterrupts: 0 in UnInterruptAudio 14:25:47
AssignedController: 123.  CtlrShrtName: YSSY Dep CtlrType: Departure14:25:47
Com1StandbyFreqChanged: 119.45.  CtlrShrtName: YSSY Twr CtlrType: Tower14:25:48
InterruptAudio in SayItSpeak- Phrase: Departure Jase One Two Three climbing to Flight Level One Two Zero 10/16/2018 14:25:50
AudioInterrupts: 1 in InterruptAudio 14:25:50
ControllerFreqChanged: 123.  CtlrShrtName: YSSY Dep CtlrType: Departure14:25:50
Recognized Speech: Departure Jase One Two Three Climbing to Flight Level One Two Zero 14:25:54

Edited by itsjase

This is a known bug that is being worked on.  It seems to happen only with certain SIDs/Airports, so as a workaround, try using different airport/runway/SID for departures.

It should get fixed in the next update.

Dave

Thanks! Definitely plan on purchasing this once my trial is up.

Just an idea, would it be possible if when a Direct To WP request gets approved, that it automatically gets set as the active waypoint in P2ATC?

Would provide an easy workaround if it ever gets stuck.

Edited by itsjase