Sign in to follow this  
Rusty

Exclusive use with FSLabs A320

All, 

I just wanted to post my notes after a week of testing on the FSL A320. I bought this program as there is nothing else available on the market currently, given my first choice is usally FS2Crew. Initially it is a little different, but I am extremely impressed and satisfied after a week of testing and getting used to the commands.

MCE offers alot more freedom and is great for those training in MCC or just wanting to fly multicrew. Coupled with the FSL product/cabin environment I can say it has given my sim a new edge. The advantage also being that MCE is not as restrictive, I can practice the base training/visual circuit procedure in addition to line flying. Almost everything I need to say/do is modeled! 😊 

My comments/concerns are this:

1. Visual menus need upgrading to a cleaner look. (not a big deal at all, but it would help with the overall finish)

2. More voice training scripts. (I know custom is available, but some words like ON still get recognised as AUTO)

3. FO unable to detect the briefing ie: I have to manually enter DH etc. It is not a problem however.

4. Are there more detailed A320 flows available for the FSLABS? 

Overall and for the money spent, given MCE can be used on other A/C - I would highly recommend this fantastic product!

Edited by Rusty
  • Upvote 1

You iterated well the benefits of MCE.

I do not have the FSL 320 installed. However, I did my own flows for the AS 320. You can download them and then alter, amend them to your own preferences, from Avsim Library, together with my sound files. ( link below.)

As you are now aware, MCE permits total control over all your flows. You can therefore customise them to individual company specific procedures, as desired! 

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=David+herky&CatID=root&Go=Search

Nice to only pay once for every interfaced aircraft, plus new ones that come along! A rare value for money product in this day and age!

Regards

David

• Upvote 1

Cheers David,

You mean to say that even though your flows are for the Aerosoft A320, each button and key press will work for the FSL edition? For example an item like autobrake MAX how would that be commonly detected between the two? 

Look forward to giving it a try if you can clarify for me. 

Many thanks!

Edited by Rusty

8 hours ago, Rusty said:

Cheers David,

You mean to say that even though your flows are for the Aerosoft A320, each button and key press will work for the FSL edition? For example an item like autobrake MAX how would that be commonly detected between the two? 

Look forward to giving it a try if you can clarify for me. 

Many thanks!

Hi Rusty.

You can copy (import) the flow items into MCE. Have the sim loaded and MCE running and then use the menu tools in the GUI to import them from the AS 320. Just begin (create) a flow, by adding it's title and then import the flow items from the AS 320. Alternatively, if you have access to a company flow, here is where you can enter your own flow items. I don't have the FSL 320 but it's the same aircraft, so I see no reason why they shouldn't work. Any that dont, just alter the command. When the command isn't quite right, MCE will display the red text across the screen, that says something like "MCE doesn't recognise the command, try different spelling etc."

You can make a Vox Script flow in Windows and copy/paste flow items from any existing Vox Scripts, with the sim not running. Since it's all in normal English  text, it can be done in the Windows text editor. But this method precludes being able to test and see immediately if the verbiage is wrong. 

It's also fun and quite rewarding to compose a fully working flow. Especially one that you have personalised and know works. Not to mention being able to add your own sounds. You can record any sounds as a .WAV file and have MCE "play" them in your Vox Script flows....😉

Edited by charlie130

17 hours ago, Rusty said:

All, 

I just wanted to post my notes after a week of testing on the FSL A320. I bought this program as there is nothing else available on the market currently, given my first choice is usally FS2Crew. Initially it is a little different, but I am extremely impressed and satisfied after a week of testing and getting used to the commands.

MCE offers alot more freedom and is great for those training in MCC or just wanting to fly multicrew. Coupled with the FSL product/cabin environment I can say it has given my sim a new edge. The advantage also being that MCE is not as restrictive, I can practice the base training/visual circuit procedure in addition to line flying. Almost everything I need to say/do is modeled! 😊 

My comments/concerns are this:

1. Visual menus need upgrading to a cleaner look. (not a big deal at all, but it would help with the overall finish)

2. More voice training scripts. (I know custom is available, but some words like ON still get recognised as AUTO)

3. FO unable to detect the briefing ie: I have to manually enter DH etc. It is not a problem however.

4. Are there more detailed A320 flows available for the FSLABS? 

Overall and for the money spent, given MCE can be used on other A/C - I would highly recommend this fantastic product!

Welcome aboard Rusty.

Thanks for the accolade and feedback. Always good to hear people "noticing" the 11+ years that went into building and refining MCE to make it as close as possible to "shared cockpit", with the advantage of having an Fo that is available 24/7

We put our FOs through type rating, teach them how to read and set any switch that we deem (or sometimes users deem) worthy of acting on.

Then it's either a direct command to control the switch, or a custom speech command to get the Fo to do what you want, when you want.

Fo should be able to set DH via FMC CDU. Will have to check whether it was implemented for FSL A320. Try "decision height XXX"

You may want to have a look at this thread.

There is a patch in it,

Download it and manually replace files as per their locations.

Regarding alternative flows, you may want to ask Bruno in this thread. He's willing to share his American based airline flows.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/18761-fs2crew/

As David suggested, ultimately you can have flows and checklists (you can replace checklist too) adapted to ANY real world or virtual airline.

The ultimate goal being to empower users to rehearse normal procedures for the purpose of type rating.

In theory, even emergency procedures can be handled. However, with Airbus types, since actions would be driven in conjunction with ECAM feedback, it's probably not usable at this stage (we cannot read ECAM data). But can be done with aircraft like PMDG 737 or other 42 fully supported complex aircraft

Cheers all - really a valuable tool for MCC! Will report back after extended use, point to point flights so far will try some touch and go's/base training flow next.

edit: Quick note, I have downloaded the extra voices, what seems to be the most popular for you guys? Robert is good !  

Edited by Rusty