Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

2 second lag when near addon airports, 4.3.

I am experiencing an issue that I never had in V4.2.   When I am near any addon airport I get a 1 to 2 second pause while the airport loads.  This occurs when I am flying over an airport as well.  For example, while flying from KSAN to KSFO I was near KMRY at FL210.   I received the pause.

I have a 4G 32" monitor.  Using 29.5 FPS limiter and 1/2 refresh rate through NV Inspector.  I have used many different AM settings and adjusted nearly every setting within the sim.   It happens with PMDG and other quality addon planes. I even reverted back to a previous driver hoping to eliminate the problem. I get great FPS (limited as stated) and the overall flight is very smooth.

I will continue to experiment in an attempt to solve this frustrating situation but I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this behavior or if anyone has a thought as to what my cause it or an area of troubleshooting I should concentrate on.   I think my specs are in my signature.

Thanks

I am surprised you didn't notice this in v4.2.  I've seen these "long frames" in FSX and all versions of P3D starting with v2.4.

There is much written on it here and elsewhere, but the discussion starts getting muddied quickly by including stutters and autogen loading... all different subjects but when ever a topic dealing with irregular animation comes up we seem to go off on three tangents.

I've observed that the long frame occurs when a scenery object is being loaded, and it is usually due to the developer of that scenery not managing when and how the objects are loaded.  Flightbeam's MIr has figured out how to design scenery such that not everything in sight gets thrown into the load hopper at once.  Most developers don't pay that much attention to this.  It varies.

I keep hoping that LM will some day figure out how to multithread the scenery object loading processes.  Maybe this will come with v5?

Dan Downs KCRP

I would get small stutters for a short period of time while the scenery loaded but not the actual pause.  

18 hours ago, kenthom said:

I am experiencing an issue that I never had in V4.2.   When I am near any addon airport I get a 1 to 2 second pause while the airport loads.  This occurs when I am flying over an airport as well.  For example, while flying from KSAN to KSFO I was near KMRY at FL210.   I received the pause.

Using 29.5 FPS limiter and 1/2 refresh rate through NV Inspector. 

Yeah, try locking the framerate and using vsync through the P3D options menu. The knowledge I'm running with is that because P3D doesn't see the external framelock the program thinks you're running at 60 fps. ...it's probably best to delete the nvi profile ...or set it back to defaults (less the power mgr and single display) and use the P3D options menu.

You might be able to get away running your monitor at 60Hz ....if you have a choice. I run my monitor at 150hz and it syncs just fine with P3D 4.3 at 29 fps and vysnc on.

The edit: actually, I think P3d will process frames with whatever settings you use in the P3D options menu, eg,  if you're running with unlimited frames with no sync it will try to process accordingly despite what you have setup externally ...causing rendering problems. There is a recent thread in this forum that goes into detail on what i'm trying to convey to you. 🙂

Edited by FunknNasty