Sign in to follow this  
ampharoah

Help with PC12 Engines

Hello,

I have just started with the PC 12 with P3D v 4.3 but have a problem.

When I start the engine, the Ng shoots up to 101 and the Torque goes to 44 and flashes and nothing I do with movement of the throttle or condition lever seems to change these readings.

What am i doing wrong please?

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

Unfortunately you are not doing anything wrong.  That's the way turboprop engines can sometimes start in the FSX way.

Since you are using P3Dv4.3 here's the ultimate solution!

Exchange the single fuel_flow_gain line in the [TurbineEngineData] section in the aircraft.cfg file with these four new lines and you will experience realistic startups  🙂

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain.0 = 35, 0.001 
fuel_flow_gain.1 = 40, 0.01 
fuel_flow_gain.2 = 60, 0.02 
fuel_flow_gain.3 = 66, 0.04 

Edited by J35OE

Excellent! Thanks for your kind assistance which is very much appreciated.Edited, tested and that's fixed it - thanks.🙂

I have copied v1.8 Autogyro  'PC12 OVERHAUL' items to the PC12 folder also, which i understand is a good idea?

Any other little gem tweaks that I'm missing as the proud owner of a new new PC12 please?

For example, I have installed the Flight 1 GTN 750 and cannot get the pc 12 autopilot to recognize and fly an activated flight plan, whatever i do.

Thanks again

Andrew.

Edited by ampharoah

No, I don't have any other mods installed. Just the original Carenado version with a slightly improved FDE.