Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Two issues: cabin controller getting stuck and strobe lights in VC

Just bought the 35. I've run into a couple issues:

1. Sometimes the cabin altitude controller dial gets stuck if I dial it all the way down to 25,000 feet/sea level. Is there a way to unstick it?

2. Strobe lights are flashing in the cockpit when I have them on. Is there anything I can do about this as a user or is this on the developer's end.

Thanks.

On 9/1/2018 at 11:46 AM, Chapstick said:

Just bought the 35. I've run into a couple issues:

1. Sometimes the cabin altitude controller dial gets stuck if I dial it all the way down to 25,000 feet/sea level. Is there a way to unstick it?

2. Strobe lights are flashing in the cockpit when I have them on. Is there anything I can do about this as a user or is this on the developer's end.

Thanks.

Hi,

I don't know what you mean by " dial it all the way down to 25,000 feet/sea level".

You didn't say what sim version you are using, but regarding the strobe light bleeding through into the cockpit, my understanding is that this is a problem that has appeared with P3Dv4.3 and is a sim problem, not an a/c problem.

Al

Once the dial gets stuck you have to reload the aircraft. If your mouse wheel has a huge rate for turning this will cause the max to go further than it's suppose to. Also if your computer is reading too slow this can also allow the max value to go further than our limit. And then the code can't allow you to move the dial the other direction. So over the years we have increased the limit so far that nobody has reported this issue anymore. So i was shocked when your mouse found its way passed the limit. So i suggest when you get near the limit slow down and use the left and right click as this will never get stuck. I will try to increase the value in our next update for the fourth time.

Edited by Flysimware

On 9/7/2018 at 1:17 AM, Flysimware said:

Once the dial gets stuck you have to reload the aircraft. If your mouse wheel has a huge rate for turning this will cause the max to go further than it's suppose to. Also if your computer is reading too slow this can also allow the max value to go further than our limit. And then the code can't allow you to move the dial the other direction. So over the years we have increased the limit so far that nobody has reported this issue anymore. So i was shocked when your mouse found its way passed the limit. So i suggest when you get near the limit slow down and use the left and right click as this will never get stuck. I will try to increase the value in our next update for the fourth time.

I'll keep that in mind next time, thank you. 

On the strobe light... is there anyway you could workaround the bug in P3D V4 with some custom coding? I know it's a pain...

Besides out special method that prevents the bleed in all sims and even P3D V1 thru V3.

I came across a code 2 weeks ago and it was not that good because you can't turn on the beacon from the VC which is the point of it being off when in the VC.

I did think of a new solution today. I could write a code that used the light variable and the vc view for a visibility. Then you can still turn on the light in the VC which will only show in all other views besides the VC. But it requires a DLL from Doug Dawson. I will contact and ask if i can use this DLL as i already purchased others from him.

Edited by Flysimware

On 9/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, Flysimware said:

Besides out special method that prevents the bleed in all sims and even P3D V1 thru V3.

I came across a code 2 weeks ago and it was not that good because you can't turn on the beacon from the VC which is the point of it being off when in the VC.

I did think of a new solution today. I could write a code that used the light variable and the vc view for a visibility. Then you can still turn on the light in the VC which will only show in all other views besides the VC. But it requires a DLL from Doug Dawson. I will contact and ask if i can use this DLL as i already purchased others from him.

That would be amazing. Thanks!