Sign in to follow this  
Merlin59

Proline 21 Avionics?

I have many Carenado planes with Proline Avionics. Not my favorite, the avionics not the planes. I'm asking here but my question could be about any one of these planes actually. How do you know what airstrips are even in the database? I was trying a flight from KSUN to L35. I couldn't. L35 or Big Bear was not in the database. Seems like a large airport imo to be totally missing. Not at present interested in the F1 GTN and hoping that is not the only solution. It's just not an option at present. Budget concerns and all.... 🙂

Hi Merlin,

Two things you should avoid in Carenado and Alabeo products - FMC’s and Big Glass panels - neither work realistically and are simply an excercise in frustration... Granted - that doesn’t help with your specific question... They have some decent aircraft but you need to be very selective in your choice... I completely understand your budgetary concerns - but the GTN should eventually make your list as it’s extrmely useful and incorporated in many mods that improve overall aircraft navigation... Best of luck - I don’t have the aircraft so that’s all I can offer...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks for the answer. My issue is I just made major upgrades to my computer and swapped to Prepar3d v.4. Right now I am somewhat tapped. Can you tell me though if the f1gtn hurts frames very much? I now hence the upgrades have a higher end computer and was just wondering. Thanks again!

5 hours ago, Merlin59 said:

Can you tell me though if the f1gtn hurts frames very much?

I will try to answer your question the best I can from my own experience. I have found the F1 GTN 750 & 650 pretty easy on FPS. This was several years ago when I had an older i7 950 Alienware computer and used FSX Gold Edition. At that time I had several of Carenado's "Glass Panel" business jets (EMB 505 Phenom 300 & H850XP)  with Bert Pieke's GTN 750 mod installed. I found the GTN 750 a lot easier on Frame Rates especially with Orbx PNW region and specifically in the Seattle area--a lot better frame rates than the "stock" Garmin 1000. Due to the many negative comments I read about Carenado's FMC and their Proline 21, I would not have purchased these two Carenado aircraft if not for Bert's GTN 750 Mod. Currently I have an 18 mo. old Jetline computer with an i7 6700 and a GTX 1070 video card and I am using P3D 3.4xx (32bit) that allows me to have the scenery sliders set much higher than my older Alienware. Even with that, I have no frame rate issues with the GTN 750 installed, such as noted before as a mod in Carenado Glass Cockpit business jets (i.e. Phenom 300).

You are using P3D v 4 (64bit) and your upgraded system may even have more "horse power" than my older Jetline. If that's the case, you should have no frame rate issues with the GTN750. I would highly recommend that you save your dimes, nickels and whatever extra change you have and put that aside for a future F1 GTN 750 purchase if you cannot afford both 750 & 650. I would recommend that you "PM" Bert Pieke for his advice. He is a very helpful individual and well versed on this topic, more so than me.

Hope this helps

Raymie

Thanks for the answer. Sounds like it's in my future. My money issue is I can't afford to do it all in a single month. But there is next month....😀