Sign in to follow this  
georgem1956

Speech Assistant in SayIt Read Back Very Slow

When I select a phrase in SayIt for read back the read back pace is extremely slow. I believe it's coming from x plane maybe? the read back is on my speakers rather than through my head set which I have set up for communications through Pilot2Atc config. I can't find a setting any where to speed up the read back to normal speed.

Any help would be appreciated.

George

If it's coming from X-Plane, then P2A can't control that.

If it's the co-pilot readback, then you can set the Co-Pilot voice speed to a higher setting on the Voices tab of config.

Dave

Another question....the letter "m" is mapped to toggle between P2A and x - plane. Can that function be mapped to a different letter or character? I would prefer a less used letter like z or possibly the > or < symbols. Something other than the often used letter "m" . The letter is dead to everything in and out of x plane, browsers, email, etc. while P2A is running.

thanks

George

Almost all hotkeys set in P2A are set on the Btns tab of config.  You can set them to anything you like.

There are no hot keys set by default.

Dave

I don't know why I didn't see that. I looked and looked in "Btn" config! There it was all the time. Feeling pretty stupid right now. Thanks again Dave.

Ok since I have your attention, I've created a flight plan, loaded it into the Garmin, now I'm looking for a tutorial that takes me through the communications process for an IFR flight. Or really VFR,IFR doesn't matter. I just need to listen to how it's done from departure take off to arrival at my destination. I have VOR way points along the way, just don't know how to talk the the different agencies that get me from start to finish.

I'm hunting through YouTube, just thought you  might have done one  or know of one that I can study.

Thanks,

George