Sign in to follow this  
M_Sauce

Joystick mapping for FSUIPC

I’ve managed to map the NGX APU to the two-position APU switch on my thrustmaster HOTAS. Would like to do the same on the 747, but it does not work. 

Anybody managed to do this with FSUIPC? Not interested in LINDA, already have everything set as I want, just the APU is giving problems.

I mapped the switch to turn on followed by the start command. I think because of the required pause it is failing. 

If you go into the FMC, you should be able to set key commands for it. When you do that, you can then use FSUIPC to rig one of the buttons, unless you already did that, in which case, I got nothing.

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I have the APU start/stop assigned to a switch on my Warthog throttle controller.  Use the PMDG Options > Keycommands menu to assign a key command to that binding.  Then use FSUIPC to convert the button/switch to that keycommand.  There is only one command and it is a toggle, and you must use the binding in the PMDG Options not the P3D Controls UI.  When starting the APU, the switch is toggled ON and let it remain there for 5 sec then return it to OFF.  The APU will start and run.   To shut down the APU simply toggle the switch ON then OFF and the cool down stop sequence will start.  This works exactly the same for all PMDG 777 and 747 aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP