Sign in to follow this  
IainMillar

777 sim limitations

Hi all, just a question to help me decide whether to buy the PMDG 777... I am currently doing a real world B777 type rating, and would like the PMDG 777 to help practice with procedures both normal and non normal.

I note on the PMDG website they say it is a “sophisticated simulation with nearly every function of its real-life systems modeled in high fidelity’... my question is what systems are NOT modeled?  Just so I fully understand any limitations of the sim before committing a significant lump of cash to it!

Also, are the FDs the wing type, or the vertical and horizontal bars type, and can you swap these over?

Thanks in advance!

Iain.

Two things I know for sure are the FD's can be either type (your choice), and circuit breakers are not modeled. 

Thanks pracines, exactly the sort of info I’m after.

Electronic checklists, FMS, Failure modelling?  Any significant gaps in how these are simulated?

Iain, the product is a full study simulation.  It can be used by rated pilots to practice non normal events before their company simulator check rides.

Dan Downs KCRP

Though, no CPDLC/ACARS for now, as said no circuit breakers, but the actual flight systems are all available. Note that the airplane has been certified by Boeing, so it meets the real world counterpart within very close limits (3% or something). 

ECL is there including normal and non normal checklists, good failure simulation, FMS complete incl wind and perf downlink as far as possible. 

You can check out some quite good tutorials and other vids on YT to get some impressions. But IMHO for a home based type training it‘s a perfect choice. And for the real deal you are sufficiently quailfied as an ATP to recognize the differences xD

On 10/6/2018 at 9:48 PM, IainMillar said:

Hi all, just a question to help me decide whether to buy the PMDG 777... I am currently doing a real world B777 type rating, and would like the PMDG 777 to help practice with procedures both normal and non normal.

I note on the PMDG website they say it is a “sophisticated simulation with nearly every function of its real-life systems modeled in high fidelity’... my question is what systems are NOT modeled?  Just so I fully understand any limitations of the sim before committing a significant lump of cash to it!

Also, are the FDs the wing type, or the vertical and horizontal bars type, and can you swap these over?

Thanks in advance!

Iain.

Ian,

The PMDG 777 IS NOT to be used in any practice for real life. Below is what the EULA clearly states

c)    You may use the Software only for private general knowledge use not affiliated with any initial, current or recurrent qualification or training program on any aircraft type, including the aircraft simulated by the software.  This software has not been certified by any agency or corporation as meeting the standards of accuracy required for initial, current or recurrent qualification on any aircraft type.

d)    You may not use this software to conduct or receive training, nor may this software be used in a formal or informal training environment.  This software may not be used for aircraft familiarization or other training scenario.  Individuals requiring a training version of this software must purchase a properly licensed version of this software that is specifically certified for use in a training environment.

e)    You may not use this software to maintain currency in any aircraft, nor may you use this software to satisfy any certification requirement or training program curriculum. 

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com