Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Getting a new simulator and computer...

Primarily FSX.  I did switch to P3Dv4 but eventually the lack of favorite aircraft in my FSX collection made me re-install FSX along P3D.  I was switching off and on between them.

I had numerous Orbx scenery problems with P3D like buildings not showing up at airports and I spent a lot of time with Orbx support getting them straighten out.  Eventually I found myself using FSX more and more.  I liked the fact that the military traffic with MyTraffic worked with FSX but not P3D.  

I don't have anything against P3D, I just feel more comfortable with FSX.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

My ex wife had two cornea transplants because of a disease called keratoconus, both while we were married, with the second one turning out much better, done at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale Arizona.  Her first boyfriend dumped her when he learned of her vision problems, one of the reasons I fell in love with her was I had vision problems of my own, having an odd type of reading blindness in my left eye all my life.  Even after divorce we remain close friends and if she is ever abandoned by her current boyfriend for her vision challenges as she grows older, I will take care of her even if we live apart, somehow, someway.  After all she is the mother of our wonderful daughter. 

My vision has changed over the years.  I was born far sighted, lost partial vision in my left eye due to a 106 fever when I was a toddler, it dilated and lets in too much light, hence I cannot perceive text well with it, but I can see outstandingly well with it at night and well enough to drive, having great peripheral vision in it.  It caused me trouble when I was young with depth perception but a keen interest in playing catch with football and frisbee helped me out as I grew older.  I was able to fly with the impairment since Light Sport allows you to fly if you have a drivers license.  I was even told I could fly GA with a medical waiver, but I will not try that for a few more years, once I see how electric aircraft pan out as trainers, which I am highly interested in with the new coming solid state and capacitor battery tech coming out in a few years now that Graphene can be made more readily than before (what will Tesla do with all their Lithium Ion investment?).

One great thing about far sightedness is as we grow older we get something called "second sight".  Our vision improves, and another benefit was when taking flying lessons I could nail traffic from a long distance away and make course corrections if needed before my CFI even caught it, like one time when our practice area was near a gliderport, near Maricopa Arizona as we flew out of Chandler I could spot them in the distance, but they did not infringe on our practice area and we avoided them.  Makes me want to drop to Xplane11 now and fly the glider--bye bye, lol...

John

Edited by Cactus521
  • Like 1

Best of luck Noel

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Thanks Howard.  Despite what everyone tells me about how easy this procedure is I am still a bit nervous.  I've never had an operation before.  This is the first time any part of me has been opened up.  Even though it is an outpatient procedure I'm still nervous about it.  I go in on Wednesday for the first eye.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.