Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

JustFlight Duchess looking pretty good.

Hi Folks,

I’ve seen some recent references for the upcoming JustFlight Duchess - Alan - LOL - so I tracked down some pix...  VC looks pretty good - bunch of time in Baby Beech’s - been in dozens... My only critique would be the yokes look a bit too dingy and grey in the images I’ve seen - they are actually white - and the gauge needles seem a little overtly bright white... All might just be the preview images... I’m looking forward to this one - hope they do it well... Maybe Martin will stop in and offer a few words...

i hope the GPS is better than the one they put in the first version...

😁

Just-Flight-Duchess-76-Previews-FSElite_

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Saw some previews of their Duchess at Flight Sim 2018 the other week, along with their Vulcan and their Classic 747 and all three of these are apparently scheduled for release very soon (i.e. we're talking a few weeks, not months). Their Caravelle is still a bit of a way off apparently, but coming along nicely.

All of this means my wallet is gonna take a big hit, because frequent JF partner Aeroplane Heaven also have their Heinkel He-111P and Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar add-ons almost ready for release too, and they look great. AH are doing part of the work on the Caravelle along with JF, but their Vulcan, Classic 747 and that Duchess are all solely in-house JF developments, so let's hope they manage to hit all those release deadlines eh?

Back with the Duchess, their old one from a few years ago was pretty nice, but as we know, JF have considerably upped their game quite a bit recently with many of their GA releases - Cessna 152, various PA-28s, TB10 and TB20 - all of which are really excellent, so this bodes well for that Duchess for sure.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Now we just need a Sundowner and musketeer lol

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

And a Skipper too!

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I had the Duchess for FSX, although I do not plan on getting it for P3D it is a good aircraft and Justflight's aircraft are worth the purchase.  I loved their R44 and their cute tricks they had with passengers onboard--if you put weight in a pax position in weight and balance, a passenger would appear in that seat, making for varied external and internal views.  One of the pax looked eerily like my ex boss and good friend and I'd laugh whenever I would see him.

I loved the look of the Duchess, always did like T-tail aircraft and I took flight lessons in a T-Tail trainer.  I later took lessons in a trainer with a regular tail but could not tell much difference--but I thought stalls were somewhat easier to handle, maybe just a placebo effect.  The Allegro T-Tail trainer I flew had a long wing and very severe stall characteristics, and would drop a wing if I was not careful.  With a friend I released one for FS2002 and FS9 which was here in Avsim's library, I tweaked it using FSDS2 by adding a simple VC, so I could recreate my T-Tail light sport flights.

Still my fav twins are the pushmepullu Cessna 337 and the Cessna 310 (because my brother had a model of one when I was a boy back in the 60's).  My favorite T-Tail single engine aircraft add-on I have is the Piper Tomahawk, fun to fly and a throwback to the 70's.

Finally my fav T-tail tprop is the Beech 200 which looks like a small airliner on the ground with the horz stab high in the air, which is why I like T-Tail GA aircraft period.

John

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

10 hours ago, Mace said:

And a Skipper too!

Hi Folks,

LOL - The all but ignored red headed step children of the flight sim community...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7