garydpoole

How to Transfer License to another PC

Hello 

I've just purchase 787 Immersion using a different PC to that where P3D is installed. I followed all of the purchasing instructions including activating the product.

However, I now realise that the activation instructions omitted to inform me that once activated, it would only run on the machine where it was activated. So when I loaded up VFXCentral on my P3D machine, it's now telling me that the product's already activated. Hence, I now can't install it !

I noticed that the support section states:

In case of a new computer purchase or major hardware changes, you can transfer your license to another computer once every 90 days without asking for an activation reset.

But I can't for the life of me find anywhere both on the web-site and VFXCentral where this transfer process is achieved ?

Please could someone explain how I can perform the transfer without requesting an activation reset ?

Thank you

Gary

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

32 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

You have to send an Activation Request in the support section (https://oldprop.com/sim/support/activations/)

We tread those really quickly, no worries

Hello Keven

Thanks for the reply. I have already posted a request since I gave up looking for the transfer process.

However, are you saying that it is in fact not possible to transfer a licence without requesting a reset, contrary to what's stated on the support page ?

Thanks

Gary

It is possible to transfer your license to a new system once every 90 days without having to send a reset request, as stated on the support page and every product page.

Significant hardware or software changes can also trigger the system into thinking it's a new computer.

9 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

It is possible to transfer your license to a new system once every 90 days without having to send a reset request, as stated on the support page and every product page.

Significant hardware or software changes can also trigger the system into thinking it's a new computer.

Hello Keven

Thanks, but this leads back to my original question - how is this achieved without sending a request? 

Regards 

Gary 

Edited by garydpoole

If you reinstall on a new system after the 90 days, you simply reinstall it as you would normally.

If you reinstall on a new system before the 90 days, you have to send an activation reset request.

6 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

If you reinstall on a new system after the 90 days, you simply reinstall it as you would normally.

If you reinstall on a new system before the 90 days, you have to send an activation reset request.

Can I then politely suggest that you change the wording on your support page as,  "...once every 90 days without asking for an activation reset"  is misleading and actually means that a transfer can be done once, but only once every 90 days, in the same way that "you can eat pizza once every 7 days" means that you can only eat one pizza every 7 days (but you can at least eat one pizza) ?

Perhaps what you wrote above would be more appropriate and less ambiguous  ?

Regards

Gary