Sign in to follow this  
aaronkia

No movement

Hello, I just encountered this problem today where after a normal engine start there is no movement with an increase in thrust. What is also strange is the GS on the navigation display and PFD is showing an increase and it will also decrease when I brake despite the plane not moving at all. It is as if the parking brake is set? (the parking brake was not set). I recorded this video to show the problem.

Best wishes,

Aaron K

That brake temperature warning on the EICAS is probably from applying the brakes?  What about your chocks?

Aaron, PMDG forum rules require us to sign our full name on all posts.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan, the brake temperature warning only happened when I applied the brakes in the video at 32 seconds after I showed how the aircraft speed indicator increased but the actually aircraft didn't move. Chocks were completely removed too 

Aaron Kia

32 minutes ago, aaronkia said:

Hi Dan, the brake temperature warning only happened when I applied the brakes in the video at 32 seconds after I showed how the aircraft speed indicator increased but the actually aircraft didn't move. Chocks were completely removed too 

Aaron Kia

Strange, it is a if your outside view is frozen.  Are you using any camera addons?

Dan Downs KCRP

the only time I saw the GS increase without the plane moving was when I aborted (instead of ended) a GSX pushback while it was pushing me back... after this exactly THIS happened. do you have GSX? have you done anything similar? or maybe an autosave option activated that you somehow reloaded with a GSX movement? anything like that?

If you have GSX I would suggest to disable it temporarily to check. 

Edited by Ephedrin

20 hours ago, downscc said:

Strange, it is a if your outside view is frozen.  Are you using any camera addons?

No I'm not using any camera addons. I can move the camera about normally 

20 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

the only time I saw the GS increase without the plane moving was when I aborted (instead of ended) a GSX pushback while it was pushing me back... after this exactly THIS happened. do you have GSX? have you done anything similar? or maybe an autosave option activated that you somehow reloaded with a GSX movement? anything like that?

If you have GSX I would suggest to disable it temporarily to check. 

I think this is exactly what caused it. At Aerosoft's Bali scenery, GSX seems to misbehave so I did have to abort the pushback and thus it didn't work after. Probably more of a bug with GSX than PMDG, I'll see if anyone knows in their forum. 

Many thanks for both your help 🙂 

Aaron Kia

Welcome.

I think that when you restart couatl you can move normally again. However I can‘t remember if I did that or if it really worked.

I can reproduce this effect with GSX.

I know exactly what he means and you can run into this problem at any airport when selecting "abort pushback" in the GSX menu.

GSX is the buggiest thing ever.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png