Sign in to follow this  
thibodba57

Prime Air (Amazon)

I was curious what the interest is in a Prime Air Virtual Airline.  I've been exploring the different offerings of ACARS/Website designs today and I don't want to commit to much time or money into something there might not be any interest in.  Key benefit in this type of Virtual Airline is there is no set schedule really as the airline/service is still being developed.  So route structure and fleet are out our whim!  

What I'm thinking as of now

Fleet:

B744/748

B777

B787

B767/757

B737

Feeder Fleet

Q400/ATR

Caravan

Hubs

KCVG (Real Hub for DHL which has close ties to AMZ)

PANC (Asia Entry and US Distribution)

VHHH (One of the largest Cargo hubs in the world) maybe ZSPD

EDDP (Major Amazon presence here see KCVG)

43210011000_0196e98fba_h.jpg

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

the Caravan is the only a/c that interests me. I would like to see where you go with this.

I'm afraid it will be a fly whatever, whenever "airline"
there are tons of those types around.

Ciao!

5 hours ago, briansommers said:

the Caravan is the only a/c that interests me. I would like to see where you go with this.

I'm afraid it will be a fly whatever, whenever "airline"
there are tons of those types around.

You are quite right.  My idea would be to avail a fly whatever whenever airline.  Most cargo operators operate the early morning rush (2-4am).  I doubt anyone is going to want to stick to this sort of schedule.  I'm also not one to tell people they can't fly a certain aircraft they own.  Maybe a good way around this is to credit more hours for assigned aircraft, also credit more hours for participating in events or shared cockpits to encourage Espirit De Corps.  

Honestly, I think it would be an interesting airline to form.  As of now their is no actual large route structure and Amazon has only contracted out one type or aircraft for it's fleet (767).  I think it would be fun to get a group or people that want to get together and piece together a network.

Also I'm not much of a believer in virtual hubs.  People are encouraged to fly online, but a hub is so limiting when controllers are hardly ever online in a certain region.  Maybe assigning a Region by Continent would open up more options and allow especially the feeder aircraft a more versatile route structure.

Just curious what Caravan do you fly. I was thinking of getting the Carenado Cargomaster and modifying the Prime Air livery to a Prime Air Feeder/Express

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Yes, I have the Carenado Super CargoMaster and the Grand Caravan. I don't have the executive.

I fly p3d V4.3 (4.4 soon)

Ciao!