Sign in to follow this  
BelgianTiger_2

Bringing my second hand piper home

Hi gents!

Since i was in the market for a new GA,i decided to surf the world wide web and stumbled upon this nice little Piper Archer III.Paperwork and frame seemed A-O-K but the downside is that it is located in Sweden,Göteborg-Landvetter Airport.Nevertheless,i head out there and not soon after,i get to see her in real and it's love at first sight!

1NxLXla.jpg

With a glimpse inside,we see that she is well equiped and well maintained.

GC8xOdj.jpg

So no need to further tackle the price,get that VISA out and pay the man!Now we only need to bring her to Belgium to get her Belgian registration and colors.The plan is to depart ESGG to Billund,Denmark,then head out to Hamburg,Lelystad and Midden Zeeland to get her repainted.Afterwards,we'll deliver her to the first aeroclub needing her service in Belgium.So time to head out!

GAg6GFk.jpg

After turning West,we soon hit the Swedish coast

i6108HD.jpg

And are over the sea

n6v4lq9.jpg

Heading to Denmark,

VXNh0EW.jpg

Luckily i got my GoPro with me to capture the journey at the tip of the nose ;).

emNYDiu.jpg

After a nice and soothing cruize,time to get back to work.Since the weather at Billund was OK,I decided to test out the AP and let it fly the APP.She handled well and i took over at short final to set her down on Danish soil.

F9Plnet.jpg

Since we are not familiar with this airport,we asked for the follow me car to guide us to our parking spot for the next couple of hours.

mR7zgfY.jpg

All tied up and ready for the night,just need to get my bag out and head for the pub!

q9u8x5n.jpg

Hope you join me next time on the leg from Billund to Hamburg.

Kind regards,

Steven

PS:If anyone has any experience repainting this bird,please contact me as i would like to request 2 paints for this one to use in Belgium ;).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

We do not see the Piper much, I have flown in one once, in a six place Piper out of Groton.  One must remember that the iconic FS2 modeled a Piper!  40+ years of simming cannot go wrong.

John

Nice plane, nice pictures, and a real nice story to go along with it.

John