JimmyLiao

Help regarding pmdg operation center

Recommended Posts

Hello 

         I have installed pmdg 777 recently and everything went fine. However, I discovered that the pmdg operation center does not display the pmdg 777 option after a few days. I only have the 777 product and I cannot install livery from the operation center. I tried to reinstall the 777 and everything went fine though I encountered the same scenario again after a few days---the pmdg 777 module in the operation center became grey again. I have already checked that my operation center is the newest version and I am asking for a solution to this problem. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

16 minutes ago, JimmyLiao said:

Hello 

         I have installed pmdg 777 recently and everything went fine. However, I discovered that the pmdg operation center does not display the pmdg 777 option after a few days. I only have the 777 product and I cannot install livery from the operation center. I tried to reinstall the 777 and everything went fine though I encountered the same scenario again after a few days---the pmdg 777 module in the operation center became grey again. I have already checked that my operation center is the newest version and I am asking for a solution to this problem. Thank you.

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!


The issue you are having means something in your computer is deleting the registry entries for the 777 product. This can be a registry cleaner tool, an Antivirus program, or something else. YOu need to find which one is otherwise this will keep happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2018 at 1:05 PM, Olympic260 said:

The issue you are having means something in your computer is deleting the registry entries for the 777 product. This can be a registry cleaner tool, an Antivirus program, or something else. YOu need to find which one is otherwise this will keep happening

Hello Chris, 

same on my systemwith one important deviation: 

All but 747 QOTSII are seemingly gone. (In FSX all is fine.)

This might be a hint that not a registry cleaner causes this

(How to restore the registry, if the cleaner removed them? I am not an expert on registries, but I assume that the cleaner should not erase 'active' registries, right? My cleaner never caused a problem. )

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

same on my systemwith one important deviation: 

All but 747 QOTSII are seemingly gone. (In FSX all is fine.)

This might be a hint that not a registry cleaner causes this

This is not true, and indicates a misunderstanding of the registry...which is backed up by the following:

24 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

(How to restore the registry, if the cleaner removed them? I am not an expert on registries, but I assume that the cleaner should not erase 'active' registries, right? My cleaner never caused a problem. )

If you're not an expert on registries, it would be wise to not make assumptions like the above. I get that it might not make sense, but without being knowledgeable about the registry, it is wiser to assume you're just not knowledgeable enough to understand instead of assuming you've come across evidence that a registry cleaner isn't causing your problem.

Re-run your installer for the product.

If your registry cleaner never caused an issue, you wouldn't be seeing this issue. Fact is, you are, and therefore, it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Re-run your installer for the product.

Thanks for your advice

56 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

If your registry cleaner never caused an issue, you wouldn't be seeing this issue.

I forgot to indicate there is one change in the operation centre visible: 

The products are now sorted, not the simulator, means: 

Before (not sure about the exact sequence)

   PMDG 747 v3 - FSX

   PMDG 737NGX - FSX

   PMDG 777 - FSX

   PMDG DC-6 - FSX

   PMDG J41 - FSX

   ....

now:

   PMDG 747 V3 - FSX

   PMDG 737NGX - P3D v3

   PMDG 737NGX - P3D v4

   PMDG 737NGX - FSX:SE

   PMDG 737NGX - FSX

   ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

If you're not an expert on registries, it would be wise to not make assumptions like the above. I get that it might not make sense, but without being knowledgeable about the registry, it is wiser to assume you're just not knowledgeable enough to understand instead of assuming you've come across evidence that a registry cleaner isn't causing your problem.

Kyle, 

please how do you explain that the clean might have removed the registries for my 777, 737NGX, DC-6 (all FSX), but not 747 QOTSII? 

I am ready to learn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 19AB67 said:

Kyle, 

please how do you explain that the clean might have removed the registries for my 777, 737NGX, DC-6 (all FSX), but not 747 QOTSII? 

I am ready to learn. 

That is something to ask the programmer of that program. We have seen it many times in the support that some products registry entries are deleted and other not. The bottom line is that something is deleting our registry entries and the only solution to that is to run the installer again. Nothing more we can do for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

please how do you explain that the clean might have removed the registries for my 777, 737NGX, DC-6 (all FSX), but not 747 QOTSII? 

I can't - I didn't write your registry cleaner. This question is like asking me why someone chose to wear a red shirt today instead of a blue one.

Something is removing the registry entries from the registry, using a set of criteria determined by them. The fact that the OC no longer recognizes the planes being installed after some time means that something is removing the entries.

In other words, look at it like this:

You walk out to your car and find that the wheels and tires are gone. The person tasked with ensuring your car is clean got overzealous and just took them because they were dirty. That's between you and your car cleaner. The fact that the cleaner left the right rear wheel/tire is something for you to discuss with them as well. Find a new cleaner, or explain to them that you'd like them to be less aggressive by leaving your car with all of its wheels and tires.

Registry cleaners are largely unnecessary, honestly. If something is wrong with your computer, it might help to scrub old stuff out of there, but to routinely rip through your registry is a bit like ripping out the walls of your house as part of your regular cleaning routine. Unless you're seeing evidence that you need to clean behind the walls, you're just doing a bunch of damage for no real benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After re-running the installers are all products restored. 

Folks, with you I feel as I were in the air get support from my airline's ops centre via the company frequency... 

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now