Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

Error occurs when voice sources are mixed

I think I've seen this briefly mentioned in another thread somewhere here, but I've not found it, and in any case I think it deserves raising in profile..

I'm getting an error report and no voice sounding when voices from Cereproc are mixed with voices from Ivona as illustrated in this screen grab:

VoiceCrash.jpg

Both play fine if the other has not been previously played in this session. But once one sourced voice has been used, those from the other source will not play, getting this error every time.

Voices from Harpo ("Vocalizer Expressive") and Microsoft mix with either and always play fine.

I hope this can be resolved. I took advantage of the recent sale at Cereproc -- it was hard to resist adding to my collection when they were offered at half price! But at present it looks as if it has to be a choice between using either my Ivona or my Cereproc acquisitions. (Ivona wins as their quality is better).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Some users have had this issue with mixing CereProc and IVONA voices.  I am running Windows 10 and have not had the issue.  There were some problems just running CereProc voices at all, but those were fixed some time ago by CereProc.  It was related with how their voices were loaded/unloaded.

It might be worth reporting the problem to CereProc and see if they have a solution.  I also wonder if it has something to do with the Windows version being run.

If anyone else out there is having an issue with this, please let us know what version of Windows you are on.

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

It might be worth reporting the problem to CereProc and see if they have a solution.

Odd though that they are okay with Microsoft and Harpo voices. So CereProc could just say it must be Ivona's problem.

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If anyone else out there is having an issue with this, please let us know what version of Windows you are on.

I forgot to mention that too. I use Win10 for P3D4, but the P2A PC runs on Windows 7.

Since both are okay if the other hasn't been run in this P2A session before (a restart of P2A fixes it for the other voice), is there possibly some sort of clearance or simple reset P2A could do between voice changes? Something not too drastic of course.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I'm getting the same errors running Win10.

I bought a bunch of Cereproc voices on the last sale as well.

Mark

I to have the same problem running winows 10 xplane 11 ver 11:30

I have Brian from Ivona installed as my co-pilot

and purchased two Cereproc voices to do ground work and atc

but I am getting the basic Microsoft voices not the voices that I puchased

they work in the configuration tab when setting them up but not ion the flightsim