Sign in to follow this  
rcoultas

Chase Plane and PMDG

On 12/31/2018 at 3:44 PM, downscc said:

Ditto... I remember when the bumping effects during B744 taxi first landed on us during testing and I think the entire beta team shouted out "turn it down!"  Even now and in spite of the fact that I like it I'm not sure it is realistic.

Turbulence is not a visual experience, it is like driving a car over a bumpy road.  It is something you feel but of course there is no such feedback in a PC simulator so attempts to simulate the experience with visual effects are all you got... but it's not realistic.

As most pilots have I'm sure, I've been bumped around so hard I have a hard time reaching for the frequency knob on the radio but it wasn't because the knob was bouncing.... no, I was the one being tossed about and I had to steady my reach to grab that knob.

Sure it's one's whole body bouncing around, but since we lack a motion system or at least a vibration platform then I consider the "camera movement" a pretty good surrogate since the head which contains the eyes bounces together (I'd say better than complete steady), provided it's well tuned (again, not really the case of ChasePlane in its current version).

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 12/30/2018 at 1:16 AM, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Anyone by chance solved this?

I’m am using the Chase Plane camera effects, but very minimally.  Most camera effect sliders are barely on.  For me it gives a very subtle movement which I like better than no movement at all. Not a perfect solution, but for me the effects can easily become too exaggerated if I try to turn the sliders up. 

supporter.jpg

Thanks,

Randall Coultas

Spoiler

Flight Sim: P3Dv4,4/ PC: i6700K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Maximus VIII Hero / NZXT Kraken X61 / 16Gb ram / 2 X Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500Gb / WD Black 1TB / Geforce GTX 980ti