Sign in to follow this  
lennie

Unstable ZOOM

Hi Folks

Zoom problem started yesterday. I have tried 3 different aircraft and this happens with each of them: I set the eye point and zoom level with the plus and minus keys to where I want it. In 2 minutes or less, the zoom changes by itself. I correct it with the + key, and less than 2 minutes later it changes out [minus direction]. I am running AS for weather and using P3Dv4.2, 3 monitor setup. Have never experienced this before. Any suggestions on what to do? Specs below. Thanks!

Not sure if anyone understood my question. Since having P3D for several years setting the zoom in P3D stayed where i wanted it. No longer. In a minute or two, it zooms way out until it looks like a fisheye, automatically without me doing anything. I am hoping for a solution as i cannot fly like this.

This may sound silly, but -- is your keyboard dirty?  I've seen it -- keys stick or randomly fire.

Do you have the zoom key commands tied to any controller?

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

14 hours ago, lennie said:

Hi Folks

Zoom problem started yesterday. I have tried 3 different aircraft and this happens with each of them: I set the eye point and zoom level with the plus and minus keys to where I want it. In 2 minutes or less, the zoom changes by itself. I correct it with the + key, and less than 2 minutes later it changes out [minus direction]. I am running AS for weather and using P3Dv4.2, 3 monitor setup. Have never experienced this before. Any suggestions on what to do? Specs below. Thanks!

Are you using ChasePlane or EZDok? 

Regards,
S.

11 hours ago, Mace said:

This may sound silly, but -- is your keyboard dirty?  I've seen it -- keys stick or randomly fire.

Do you have the zoom key commands tied to any controller?

+1

Change the zoom function to other keys or try with another keyboard.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks folks! Let me try your suggestions tonight and report back. I did install chaseplane several months ago, but had problems and tried to uninstall. it would only let me assign views on one aircraft, and not any others?? also a strange problem!

Sorry to take so long to get back on this. The keyboard was not dirty, i did use some compressed air. Then I assumed that perhaps some keys were not working correctly. I bought a new keyboard today and tried the first flight. Same problem: after a couple minutes the zoom changed itself. Added to that problem I have F1 GTN750. When i pop it out to enter a flight plan, i hardly get a plan in when it decides to disappear. Maybe the two are somehow connected, and there is something else causing it. Have to say that I have not added any new stuff. Nor made any changes within P3D. I did have chaseplane but removed all that i could find several months ago. Doesnt seem logical that this problem would have just appeared that chaseplane remnants could have caused it. Hoping for some ideas from the great computer guys here! Thanks!