Sign in to follow this  
Hammer308

Question regarding 737 Max8 for FSX

Recently downloaded the following a/c from simviation: b737 max8 american, TDS 737 Max 8 RYR FSX-1, and the TDS-B737-MAX8-LUFTHANSA for FSX. Am having an issue with these regarding rotation. All work fine except that they will not rotate on takeoff roll. Flaps extend at all settings, but a/c will not rotate at any speed or weights. Have checked calibration of stick, and tried various sensitivity settings. Nothing has worked. Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a fix for the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx.

Hammer,

This is a known problem with the TDS 737 series.  A quick Google search would have found you the answer.

When I read your post I remembered there was something "different" about the TDS B737.  The model has a center of gravity that is so far forward that it is difficult to rotate the aircraft without adding in an obscenely large amount of trim with the trim wheel or a button on your joystick or the default FSX Hotkeys to get the trim in the "takeoff" zone.  Just tried taking off with no trim and hit 250 KIAS at the end of the runway with no rotation possible despite full up on the joystick.

Whenever I fly one of their aircraft I always open or look at the throttle quadrant.  Notice the green band on the trim wheel on the left and right edge of the quadrant?  Put the white "blip" in the center or slightly down from center region of the green band and she will rotate at 120 to 140 knots easily.  This is a normal part of any takeoff checklist, but with other aircraft models not always as critical as it is in the TDS.

Randy

Thanx for the info. Was aware of having to set trim, but never had to on other default or TDS a/c I had downloaded before, so I didn't consider it. Works fine now. Thanx again.