Sign in to follow this  
nitsaw

Missing Sounds on FALCON 50

Hello All,

Is anyone else missing trim clacker and APU sounds also switches and buttons in P3D 3.4? 

Thanks

Beta 2.0 was missing the sounds due to a missing DLL. Download the latest beta 2.5. The heading bug is not working in that version. Tomorrow i will have Beta 2.6 available.

I tried 2.5 and still had the same issue. I went back to 2.4 because of the heading bug issue. I will give 2.6 a try when it’s released. Is there any special way the plane needs to be loaded when staring p3d ? 

Thanks 

7 hours ago, nitsaw said:

Hello All,

Is anyone else missing trim clacker and APU sounds also switches and buttons in P3D 3.4? 

Thanks

Do you have your windows sound on or turned up. The custom sounds play on windows and the main sounds play through the sim. So the volume is controlled by the main windows volume.

Besides that if it installed with the sounds missing the sim would give a message that it not detected and close. But there is nothing you need to do the installer does it all for the sounds. But in P3D you need to make sure you do not disable the DLL that is included.

4 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Do you have your windows sound on or turned up. The custom sounds play on windows and the main sounds play through the sim. So the volume is controlled by the main windows volume.

Besides that if it installed with the sounds missing the sim would give a message that it not detected and close. But there is nothing you need to do the installer does it all for the sounds. But in P3D you need to make sure you do not disable the DLL that is included.

Yes my windows volume is turned up and on, I get no message that anything is missing and P3d stays running. Where can I look to verify that DLL is there? I have your other products and have no issues with them. I'm guessing those work the same way?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, nitsaw said:

Yes my windows volume is turned up and on, I get no message that anything is missing and P3d stays running. Where can I look to verify that DLL is there? I have your other products and have no issues with them. I'm guessing those work the same way?

Thanks

The DLL is in the panel folder.

What does the installer title say. The name includes the version. Beta 2.0 had the wrong DLL and the sound did not work. The correct one say x64 in the name. You need Beta 2.1 or higher.

Edited by Flysimware

8 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

What does the installer title say. The name includes the version. Beta 2.0 had the wrong DLL and the sound did not work. The correct one say x64 in the name. You need Beta 2.1 or higher.

I'm on Beta 2.4 and there's no x64 in the name o the installer. This is what the installer is called "Flysimware_FALCON_50_FSX-P3D_BETA2.4". Whats the name of the DLL I'm looking for ? The only DLL I see in my panel folder is Fuel_Dump.dll. 

Thanks

11 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Just tried beta 2.6 and still no sounds.

Thanks

11 hours ago, nitsaw said:

I'm on Beta 2.4 and there's no x64 in the name o the installer. This is what the installer is called "Flysimware_FALCON_50_FSX-P3D_BETA2.4". Whats the name of the DLL I'm looking for ? The only DLL I see in my panel folder is Fuel_Dump.dll. 

Thanks

There is a file called FBGS_XMLSound_x64.dll in the main panel folder of P3D v4 only. What P3D version do you have? 

Oh just a reminder if you did not use the installer then it will not work. So moving this aircraft from 1 sim to another will fail for security. That is the only thing i can think of why your the only one with an issue. No other reason for the sounds to not work. Everyone else has sounds.

For P3D V1 thru V3 and FSX and FSX:SE you need to click except when you load the plane and it asks you to use these DLL's.

Edited by Flysimware

4 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

There is a file called FBGS_XMLSound_x64.dll in the main panel folder of P3D v4 only. What P3D version do you have? 

Oh just a reminder if you did not use the installer then it will not work. So moving this aircraft from 1 sim to another will fail for security. That is the only thing i can think of why your the only one with an issue. No other reason for the sounds to not work. Everyone else has sounds.

I'm in P3d 3.4 and no I don't that file in my panel folder. Was this beta only for V4? I had a choice on the installer with platform I wanted?

Thanks

"For P3D V1 thru V3 and FSX and FSX:SE you need to click except when you load the plane and it asks you to use these DLL's"

I was never given the option to accept loading the DLL's.

Thanks

The beta is for all platforms listed on the installer. Are you choosing the correct one?

P3D V3 will not need that x64 DLL and will not be in the panel folder. So the only way for this to not work is your missing other files in the sim that we do not share for security. So if you just placed the aircraft in the sim folder that will cause it to not work but it would also cause a popup warning and close the sim. So the only other reason is when you first loaded the aircraft and the popup ask to run the DLL's you had to say no and then the next question was to remember. So now its not loading the DLL. So this is most likely your issue. I will look into how to ask if the DLL can be used again.

Edited by Flysimware

Just now, Flysimware said:

P3D V3 will not need that x64 DLL and will not be in the panel folder. So the only way for this to not work is your missing other files in the sim that we do not share for security. So if you just placed the aircraft in the sim folder that will cause it to not work but it would also cause a popup warning and close the sim. So the only other reason is when you first loaded the aircraft and the popup ask to run the DLL's you had to say no and then the next question was to remember. So now its not loading the DLL. So this is most likely your issue. I will look into how to ask if the DLL can be used again.

I was never asked at any point to allow the DLL's to run at any point! 

6 minutes ago, nitsaw said:

I was never asked at any point to allow the DLL's to run at any point! 

That usually means you did not have the DLL installed from the installer. Which means actually nothing would happen. Which is what is happening. So can u confirm what sim option you choosed when you ran the installer. Because this makes no sense. What is your email you used to make the purchase?

Edited by Flysimware

I just realized even P3D V3 would not ask for DLL use. I think there is an option to not run DLL's. Looking into it.