Sign in to follow this  
Ephedrin

747 turned unusable after windumb update

Hello all,

I am a bit desperate right now.. I was doing a nice flight of 7 hours on Wednesday, when I shut down my PC after this I had a windows update and when I attempted a flight yesterday I found my Sim stuttering extremely (input lags, click lags, double inputs into the CDU scratchpad while only single mouse clicking) every few seconds using the 747. And as far as I can tell only with the 747. I have tried the 777, 737, QW 787, A2A Bonanza and the TFDi 717, all work well. 

I have done reinstalls of several NVIDIA drivers, now I am back at the latest, have checked for updates of my sound drivers (for additional information, the F1 GTN 750 has made my sound lag for a moment when it's turned on the first time for a few months) and if nothing helps I take a BIOS update into consideration. Although I am very resistant to change a running system, but I can't really call this a running system atm.

What confuses me - and why I'm looking for help right here - is the fact, that only my 747 (both versions) are affected and all I can tell to have changed was that nasty win update.

Does anyone have similar issues? Has the PMDG support come across this with other people? would you recommend a reinstallation?

i7 6700k not OC, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Edit: I remember there was a GSX update too... 

Edited by Ephedrin

Marc there are no similar reports in the support currently. I would recommended as initial step to check if any drivers were rolled back to old versions, as is known win updates do. After that try uninstalling GSX and check as well

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

5 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

After that try uninstalling GSX and check as well

I'm getting sick of it... although it will be a lot more expensive I really hope that Oliver Papst will get along with AES any time soon... Indeed, after completely kicking Couatl off the sim it vanished.. I somehow hoped it was the Win update as it wouldn't have meant to loose sim functions..at least. But I'm really getting tired of GSX and its neverending random issues. 

Thanks for the answer, Chris. 

11 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

GSX and its neverending random issues. 

Or how about trying to re-cater a PMDG 747-400F and see where that gets you, with its silly screen ribbons, when there is no Fwd RH side door to do a catering service!

Good evening all together,

I have to revoke my bad statement about GSX causing my stutters. After I had deleted all GSX depending stuff the stutters were gone for a moment, that's true. But they came back almost immediately after I postet it. I had no time to investigate further in the meantime but today I found a little bit of time to do that. It turned out that with the windows update my Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 chipset, which I had disabled, has been turned back on and this caused the stutters. When I got my Oculus Rift I upgraded to the GTX1080TI and had massive issues showing even a picture in the Rift. I then disabled the graphic chipset as it seemed that Oculus used that one instead of my graca and made my 3rd screen flicker. After disabling that graphic chip everything turned to normal and when I went through my device manager I noticed it to be turned on. After turning it off again (I hate MS' arrogance) all stutters have disappeared. 

I will Maybe a mod could edit the title of this thread a bit so maybe anyone will be able to take advantage from my experience on the graphic chip.

Cheers

Marc

Edited by Ephedrin
I can't edit the title myself anymore...