Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alemart

Beta download, post your impressions here

>HPN looks great, I taught there for a couple years, so I'm>very familiar as well! Thanks for the pictures!I'm over at Panorama (PFS) now. (student, not instructor). Good to see another local on the boards.

>Can someone please post Sydney (YSSY) and Melbourne (YMML)>asap!!Carmine, bless his heart, needs some help. Poor guy is going to become a screenshot professional before we're done. ;)YMMLhttp://www.izonefaceware.com/fsx/YMML1.jpghttp://www.izonefaceware.com/fsx/YMML.jpgYSSYhttp://www.izonefaceware.com/fsx/YSSY1.jpghttp://www.izonefaceware.com/fsx/YSSY2.jpg

Guest anthonykatosh1

Can you give a couple shots of tpa thanks

>>>NotASenator, Juicerabbit, (TDragger)...>>>Multiplayer!>>>Fun stuff!>>>>>>I was tooling around in last night's session with all of>you>>>in a C172 - I didn't have a microphone, so I couldn't get>>>involved in the speech, but it was indeed fun. Simply from>a>>>piloting standpoint, it seems as though the multiplayer>>flight>>>"fidelity" has improved significantly... someone in the Red>>>Bull Extra formed up on my wing for a few minutes, and it>>was>>>CLEARLY better than the old multiplayer where airplanes>>seemed>>>to jump across the sky. >>>>>>At the same time, it really feels like the C172 has>improved>>>in it's dynamics - I came in for a slow 'plow pass' over>the>>>runway (incidentally, as NotASenator was rolling down the>>>opposite direction after a touch n' go), and the airplane>>felt>>>appropriately mushy, slow, and nose up. >>>>>>I did attempt to jump into the tower for a bit, but the>>>program started getting a little testy on me, so I ended up>>>exiting and heading to bed. :) The only negative I saw, and>>it>>>probably stems from me not reading help files or manuals,>>was>>>that the chat window was a little obtrusive - is there a>>>smaller one for quick messages?>>>>>>True to the spirit of the Beta, I think I'll spend a lot of>>>time in the multiplayer systems. The possibility of having>>>someone pair up in the cockpit and take the controls>>certainly>>>looked interesting as well!>>>>>>I should get to work now... :)>>>-Greg>>>>>>I spent more time getting buzzed by extras than anything>else.>> :(>>>>It was a ton of fun, and it runs as smooth as silk. I was>>really surprised at how nice the multiplayer was.>>>>For those who weren't on voice, could you still hear us>>yabbering away?>>>>Also, I hopped in hagbar's plane and sat right seat for a>few>>minutes. I tell you, it's really creepy to see those>controls>>move when you aren't doing anything, but other than that, it>>worked fine.>>That was *ME* you guys!! Did you see my smoke on and off as>well as I performed my improv airshow of death?>*chuckle* Carmine's AoD

>Anybody willing to share some pictures of City Amsterdam +>Schiphol (EHAM) and Rotterdam + Rotterdam airport (EHRD)>>Thanks guys appreciated,>>Looks great thanks for sharing the screenshots :-)>>Andr

Guest heclak

why does ms like to link their multiplayer to gamespy? wouldn't it be faster to have their own server?

Guest jgreth123

Since my consolidated screenshot thread got locked no one got to handle my request :(I live in Memphis and have worked at the airport for a few years. Can anyone post a few shots of the airport ( FedEx main hub + main terminal ) and the city ( I just wanna see downtown structures + the big structures on the east side of the city ( look for a major highway loop that is just north of the airport, head east from there, when it bends back north take a few pictures of that general area ).There's never been a decent quality version of Memphis Intl done which is sad because it's the #1 cargo airport in the world ( thanks to FedEx ). Plus in FS9 the area looked nothing like the real city.Thanks in advance.

Jeff,MEMPHIS - KMEM and Surroundings....(Note that I did not in-line attach the images - click to open so as to not overwhelm people trying to load this thread)Can't say I remember what it looked like in FS2004, but here's Memphis in FSX...

MKJS Montego Bay, Jamaica(Click the attachments to view - not posting inline to save folks bandwidth)

Guest JuiceRabbit

Ive been playing around in MP but I dont think so. You have to end the flight to change MP host.That is a real shame!Surely it couldnt be that hard for FSX to let you choose another host while flying.Come on ACES, the MP is great but people want to be stuck flying around the airport hosting the MP session.

Guest JuiceRabbit

Agreed these MP sessions sure are fun! :)

Guest JuiceRabbit

Just did a Thai flight from Phuket (VTSP) to Bangkok (VTBD).The new detailed coastlines are just great. Fantastic improvement. :-jumpyBut I noticed that the mesh detail seems to be the same as FS9 (ie 1km). Is this just because the beta doesnt have hires mesh except for USA?I would expect that the final release would be using SRTM 76m for most of the world.Can anyone confirm this?

You are probably viewing the forum in linear mode Jeff, I view it in threaded mode, replies makes sense that way. :)

Bernard