Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alemart

Beta download, post your impressions here

Guest Jani Salo

hiThanks alot for the beta shots.Any chance for a few shots of Helsinki-Vantaa (EFHK) and Helsinki City area out of EFHF ?regards, Jani

Guest jgreth123

Put all airport/city screenshot requests in the other thread that I created please.

Guest tdragger

Not in the beta. We're saving that until the very last. ;)

I really have to get out of here, but here's a few shots of the mp interface. My power flickered out again (Thank you, Ernesto) before I could get more.I'm not sure what the size limitations are, so I'll just do plain text and you guys can cut and paste.http://www.laniercreative.com/brian/flightsim/mp1.jpghttp://www.laniercreative.com/brian/flightsim/mp2.jpghttp://www.laniercreative.com/brian/flightsim/mp3.jpghttp://www.laniercreative.com/brian/flightsim/mp4.jpghttp://www.laniercreative.com/brian/flightsim/mp5.jpghttp://www.laniercreative.com/brian/flightsim/mp6.jpg

Guest CFI_Keeler

I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but it seems like when I have autogen turned up in density that it loads in the scenery for the immediate area that I start flying in, but as I fly away from that area nothing new loads in.For example, I took off from KHPN and headed west towards the Tappan Zee Bridge and the Hudson River. Everything between the airport and the bridge looked fantastic. As I turned south along the river towards NYC no autogen had loaded south of the bridge. So, it made it look as if White Plains was extremely more dense than NYC. Also, the ground textures got pixelated the further I flew from the airport. I'm wondering if this is what was mentioned in the blog as being fixed but not in the beta?

Thanks for that "Notasenator".:)BTW.. There is a limitation of 16 players per team/session...right? Probably a good idea for local flying around the airport.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest ditopilot

>Not in the beta. We're saving that until the very last. ;)Hi tdragger,What question did you give that answer to? Since there was no quatation included I am not sure which one. I'd love to know.Thanksdito

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

>>NotASenator, Juicerabbit, (TDragger)...>>Multiplayer!>>Fun stuff!>>>>I was tooling around in last night's session with all of you>>in a C172 - I didn't have a microphone, so I couldn't get>>involved in the speech, but it was indeed fun. Simply from a>>piloting standpoint, it seems as though the multiplayer>flight>>"fidelity" has improved significantly... someone in the Red>>Bull Extra formed up on my wing for a few minutes, and it>was>>CLEARLY better than the old multiplayer where airplanes>seemed>>to jump across the sky. >>>>At the same time, it really feels like the C172 has improved>>in it's dynamics - I came in for a slow 'plow pass' over the>>runway (incidentally, as NotASenator was rolling down the>>opposite direction after a touch n' go), and the airplane>felt>>appropriately mushy, slow, and nose up. >>>>I did attempt to jump into the tower for a bit, but the>>program started getting a little testy on me, so I ended up>>exiting and heading to bed. :) The only negative I saw, and>it>>probably stems from me not reading help files or manuals,>was>>that the chat window was a little obtrusive - is there a>>smaller one for quick messages?>>>>True to the spirit of the Beta, I think I'll spend a lot of>>time in the multiplayer systems. The possibility of having>>someone pair up in the cockpit and take the controls>certainly>>looked interesting as well!>>>>I should get to work now... :)>>-Greg>>>I spent more time getting buzzed by extras than anything else.> :(>>It was a ton of fun, and it runs as smooth as silk. I was>really surprised at how nice the multiplayer was.>>For those who weren't on voice, could you still hear us>yabbering away?>>Also, I hopped in hagbar's plane and sat right seat for a few>minutes. I tell you, it's really creepy to see those controls>move when you aren't doing anything, but other than that, it>worked fine.That was *ME* you guys!! Did you see my smoke on and off as well as I performed my improv airshow of death?

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Me too AirBadger! :)

>Some of my favourite FS9 aircraft are fully functional in the>demo. However, the same aircraft will not display the VC when>added to the beta. What am I missing? I haven't used default>aircraft since CFS1.In the model.cfg file, add a line for the "interior" model:[models]normal=MyModelinterior=MyModelFor the time being, this will allow you to 'see' your VC...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>Not in the beta. We're saving that until the very last. ;)>>Hi tdragger,>>What question did you give that answer to? Since there was no>quatation included I am not sure which one. I'd love to know.>>Thanks>>>ditoThe post to which it is a response, (right above it), of course! (the post asks if self-illuminated gauges are in the demo)RhettAMD 3700+ powered by Gerbil wheel + gerbil, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 gigs Corsair TWINX, blah blah, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Thanks for that "Notasenator".>>:)>>BTW.. There is a limitation of 16 players per>team/session...right? Probably a good idea for local flying>around the airport.>>MannyThere is a 16 player limit, AFAIK. We had an 8 player session, and I can tell you, it was a busy airspace.

>Yes, Dubai is included I wonder if Burj Al Arab is in there!If it's not, Burj al Arab tower was made for FS, it's in the file library. That's an amazing building.RhettAMD 3700+ powered by Gerbil wheel + gerbil, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 gigs Corsair TWINX, blah blah, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest ditopilot

>>>Not in the beta. We're saving that until the very last. ;)>>>>Hi tdragger,>>>>What question did you give that answer to? Since there was>no>>quatation included I am not sure which one. I'd love to>know.>>>>Thanks>>>>>>dito>>>The post to which it is a response, (right above it), of>course! >>(the post asks if self-illuminated gauges are in the demo)>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ powered by Gerbil wheel + gerbil, eVGA 7800GT 256,>ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 gigs Corsair TWINX, blah blah,>etc. etc.The way it appears in my computer, the message above his is this:Put all airport/city screenshot requests in the other thread that I created please.Best Regards,Jeff GrethAMD 64-bit 3500+ Asus A8V Deluxe1GB (2x512) OCZ Platinum (2.0CL) Dual Channel 300GB 7200 RPM Seagate Barracuda S-ATA256MB eVGA GeForce 6800 UltraSoundBlaster X-FiTrackIR Pro 3 + Vector ExpansionCH Pro YokeCH Throttle QuadrantCH Pro Pedals