Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alemart

Beta download, post your impressions here

There are some notes about "As is" software, some restrictions on discussions and information - very mild - but the rest looks like a standard EULA.I'm also surprised.Of course the funniest thing is the incomplete Readme.rtf."CD4 must be in your disk drive for the program to start"

No photo only had a couple minutes before I had to come to work (I'm saving my "I'm sick" day for the actual release) - but almost 40 commercial aircraft parking spots - jetways at the terminal - AI aircraft parking looks very close to the jetways - only saw YBBN at night.

A quick look at CYOW showed at least one jetway on the terminal building. In general - the airport buildings look much better.No time to see how they work.You have to remember the data to create the world for FSX is over a year old - so recent changes obviously will not be reflected.

>No photo only had a couple minutes before I had to come to>work (I'm saving my "I'm sick" day for the actual release) ->but almost 40 commercial aircraft parking spots - jetways at>the terminal - AI aircraft parking looks very close to the>jetways - only saw YBBN at night.This morning, before I went to work, I had just enough time to install and fly an ultralight over KIAD. It looks great, tons of AI, which of course crippled my system, but oh well.I'm used to that, and sooon, sooooo soooon I will have my C2D system up.

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

There is *no* NDA that I noticed anywhere, from the fileplanet download pages to the EULA installing. So until someone legitimately points it out somewhere, one doesn't exist for this. Plus there is *no* link to any kind of feedback forum as well.

>There is *no* NDA that I noticed anywhere, from the>fileplanet download pages to the EULA installing. So until>someone legitimately points it out somewhere, one doesn't>exist for this. Plus there is *no* link to any kind of>feedback forum as well.Same here, I would hope that Mike, if still watching these post could let us know if we can post our impressions or issues.

I cant find any nda anywhere, and im sure they didnt hide it for us. So lets see some pics.

This beta isn't to discover issues with the app - it appears to be a beta to test multiplayer infrastructure.Most issues have probably already been reported by the MS beta testers.But if anyone's listening - CYHM aircraft elevation is about 30 feet higher than the scenery elevation.

Guest CFI_Keeler

So far I think this beta has way too many advertisements in it. It keeps shoving commercials for other betas and movies in my face. Also the color choices of green, blue and silver looks really tacky. Oh wait, that's just the Download Manager that I've been staring at for the past 13 hours! Stupid Verizon DSL...:-fume

>So far I think this beta has way too many advertisements in>it. It keeps shoving commercials for other betas and movies>in my face. Also the color choices of green, blue and silver>looks really tacky. Oh wait, that's just the Download Manager>that I've been staring at for the past 13 hours! Stupid>Verizon DSL...:-fume13 hours????Really?Man. I like DSL and all, but my download finished in 3.5 hours. Also, I hate their download manager and won't use it. I just go through Firefox and it just gives me a download link.

Guest CFI_Keeler

I've only got 1 hour to go, but I go to work 1/2 an hour. Doh!

I've played the beta for a few hours and so far I don't see the point in testing it except for the multiplayer so maybe thats what its for. It has the same bugs as the demo so it's hard to tell what should be reported or not. Lots of fatal errors and sending the error reports in.

Guest victorwest

>I've played the beta for a few hours and so far I don't see>the point in testing it except for the multiplayer so maybe>thats what its for. It has the same bugs as the demo so it's>hard to tell what should be reported or not. Lots of fatal>errors and sending the error reports in. The beta is more up to date then the demo.

>I cant find any nda anywhere, and im sure they didnt hide it>for us. So lets see some pics.I'll do some video when I get home, notwithstanding any declarations of NDA status by ACES. I know there's no legal document included, but if they asked us not to talk about the beta, I probably wouldn't.

>The beta is more up to date then the demo.Interesting. I figured it was old or the same because the textures still don't load properly and setting the texture bandwidth in the .cfg file goes to 0. Self shadowing bug etc etc.