Sign in to follow this  
greggd

Strange Water problem.

Guest PZL

Hey guys, in the Demo version of FSX, I get a problem of where the water texture in an circlw around the A/C is different than the rest of the water texture (as seen in the screenshot). The water around the A/C looks normal but the rest is extremely reflective. Only appears to happen at 2X water settings.It's an old(er) GEForce 5700LE that I'm using (hey, I'm on a budget).

I agree. If you get closer to land, you can see that the trees are reflected from the shore in a strange way. It looks like flat trees floating on the water. I haven't experimented with the settings yet so I am not sure if I could get rid of it. The water close to the aircraft, however, is remarkable.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest tdragger

I believe that issue is endemic to low-end NV cards. We've tried to work around it but you way want to consider a video card upgrade.

Guest CS_DISPATCH

I've got an nVida GeForce FX 5950 Ultra that was an upgrade on my Alienware computer that I bought a year an a half ago that still has that issue. If that card is considered "low end" than that is pretty sad.

Guest PZL

Thanks for the info ! I guess it's time to look into a new video card as you said.I'm open to suggestions from anyone as to what a good NV card would be.... not to expensive though. Like I said in my previous post... on a budget.

Guest tdragger

I believe many of the FX5000 series cards have this issue--a bummer, I know.

I just bought an Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS overclock by BFG Tech. It seems to be running the demo great. I got it online for a total of $171.00 (look at Newegg or TigerDirect). You could go for the more powerful 7000 series but it'll cost you. I'm still on AGP so the 6800 was a good bang for the buck (I was also able to open up the additional pipelines).:)Randall

Guest CFI_Keeler

Does anybody know if they plan on releasing DX10 cards that support AGP? If not, what would be the best AGP card out there? I'm not about to buy a whole new motherboard just to use 1 piece of software.,,

The best nvidia AGP card at the moment is the 7800 GS, I'm not sure what ATI have in that segment. The 7800 GS has 256Mb onboard and is roughly the same speed as a 6800 Ultra so it's not worth getting if you already own the ultra.

Bernard

If your in US might try ZipZoomFly.com large selection of vid cards have a spec MSI 7900gt 275.00 plus a 40.00 rebate free shipping too! or 1.99 for 2 days fedex. Also EBAY Gregg