Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Reshade and 4.4

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

I just noticed this disables hardware acceleration for WPF, pay attention to the LM post, P3D 4.3 was disabling this under WPF but only for Prepard3D, however by editing this registry key you will be disabling hardware acceleration for any WPF application

So how would this impact your systems? proper testing is required..

S.

Hi Symbol, 

What is a WPF application? Any examples? 

Thx

John

28 minutes ago, 757FO said:

Hi Symbol, 

What is a WPF application? Any examples? 

Thx

John

Anything developed using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) model.

So pretty much anything out there, including MS office, Nvidia shield, etc.

S.

38 minutes ago, simbol said:

Anything developed using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) model.

So pretty much anything out there, including MS office, Nvidia shield, etc.

S.

OK thank you Simbol, as you see I am not up to date with the latest and greatest 🙂

1 hour ago, doublebubble said:

Doesn't work with Reshade V3.0.8

Cheers Rod 

It does for me with Reshade 3.0.8 running Prepar3D V4.4. Found no difference using MS office etc.

Edited by Eef

2 hours ago, robert young said:

update: Confirm your regedit tweak works. You are my hero genius of the week. Thank you so much!

Great! Not my tweak btw. It was posted in the P3D V3 & V4 group on Facebook. 

it works like a charm, thank you guys, I have become so used to reshade that P3D did not look so good anymore without it....

why so complicated, simply rename the dxgi.dll as well dxgi.ini to d3d11.dll and d3d11.ini same procedure as then GTAV

Ok I have it working but why is the P3d control panel so terribly slow to respond with reshade? P3dv4.3 never had this problem.

Rod.

1 hour ago, timoe666 said:

why so complicated, simply rename the dxgi.dll as well dxgi.ini to d3d11.dll and d3d11.ini same procedure as then GTAV

Can you explain this please? What is the difference? I mean do you get better results this way?

S.

Edited by simbol

Thank you so much, I now have it working, my mistake on entering it correctly, all good definitely works.

Cheers Rod 

I have some weird issues with v4.4 and reshade. 
I have tested reshade 3.0.4, 3.0.8 and 3.1.2 so far and every time after the installation of reshade is done and I fire up P3D it instant loads the default scenario? After the loading screen hits 100% I can hear the F22 but no P3D window appears. P3D is running (at least my task manager says this). The only way to close P3D is via the task manager.

I have tried the name change of the dxgi files to d3d11 but sadly that changed nothing.

The regedit method seems to work but I would like to know if I can reactivate HW acceleration as easy as we can deactivate it? Don't wanna try this if I can't go back that easy...

Cheers

Hi There,

The DisableHWAcceleration registry key acts as an on/off switch.

A value of 1 decimal switches DisableHWAcceleration to "on"

A value of 0 (zero) turns the function off, i.e. it enables HWAcceleration.

Lockheed Martin would need to include a switch in the prepar3d.cfg to avoid needing to use the registry key, which should be easy enough for them to do, but it'll just be a case of wait and see.

From reading the LM forum link it sounds like they just assumed it wouldn't be an issue if they enabled hardware acceleration in the UI not realising the affect it would have.

Alterantively a script could be written that toggles the registry value between 0/1.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D