Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

P3Dv4.4 Issue with A2A New Windshield Rain Updates

I seem to have found a new issue with the new windshield rain effects updates on A2A aircraft like my C-172 and T-6 when using the latest release of P3Dv4.4. 

When I want to use my virtual mouse cursor in VR it will not penetrate the windshield as it sees it as a cockpit surface. You might ask "why is this a problem?"   Well when I want to interact with a pop up menu like ATC or my GPS they always are set to open just in front of the windshield and because of this it is not possible to interact with the pop up window since the virtual mouse cursor stops at the windshield now. I have confirmed it's an issue with the new feature because my P-51 hasn't been updated and works fine but my T-6 and C-172 have been updated and they will not penetrate and therefore I cannot interact with my pop ups. I know there is a way to enable rain effects and still penetrate the windshield with the mouse cursor in VR because my Aerosoft A320 Pro uses "True Glass" and it allows the mouse cursor to penetrate the windshield and therefore I can interact with my pop ups.

I have posted this on the A2A forum and ask Lewis to advise but I posted it here also as an FYI since I fly frequently in VR and this is a big issue for me now.

Joe

• Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

This makes perfect sense because the rain effects are an additional part of the actual model. (See the SDK for them). They are "solid" but transparent.

Interested to see what they say.

Edited by Henry Street

Thank you for reporting this Joe. Lets hope for the best that A2A can do something about it.

Was it solved? I have the same with Aerosoft Airbus, its not possible wo use.

Gabriel

5 hours ago, Gabster said:

Was it solved? I have the same with Aerosoft Airbus, its not possible wo use.

Gabriel

No the issue hasn’t been solved but I have found a work around by working with the LM developer. If you go to the link below you will find 4 lines of code that can be added to any pop up window that will place the window where you desire. I experimented will values to bring the pop ups in closer ie inside the aircraft windows and place them where I like. They will always be placed there and do not effect the 2D window pop ups. I have set custom placements for the default ATC window as well as all my GTN750 windows and all the Payload and Hangar windows for A2A aircraft. Also I custom placed all the Aerosoft A320 pop ups as well. All you need to do is edit the panel.cfg files where all the pop ups exit by adding those 4 lines of code and setting the values to your preference. The LM SDK will describe the xyz and pitch settings in terms of which direction things move by using + and - values.

If the link doesn’t work the Title of my P3D “other support question” was:

ATC Window Placement Question?

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190803#p190803

Hooe this helps I found it great for VR so I never have to move ANY pop up windows anymore.

Joe

• Like 1

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

On 12/3/2018 at 12:35 AM, glider1 said:

Thank you for reporting this Joe. Lets hope for the best that A2A can do something about it.

Check out my other post regarding customizing pop up window placement in VR this solves the window cursor issue in A2A planes with rain effect by moving it inside.

Joe

Edited by joepoway
  • Like 1