Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

The dreaded blurries.

9 hours ago, slip-stream said:

I’ve just installed P3DV4.3 plus TE Netherlands Orbx. I’ve tried all different graphics settings (FSX user for 10 years) to try to alleviate the dreaded blurries, that are far worse than I ever suffered with FSX, incredibly. The most unusual aspect is that the blurries are evident from the very beginning which is a first for me. Running an i7 @ 4.5ghz 16 RAM and 1080ti. No matter how I adjust the sliders it makes no difference. Is this a common problem? 

Any advice received with thanks. 

Slip-stream,

Have you tried letting Prepar3D regenerate a new Prepar3D.cfg file? I would recommend backing up your current Prepar3D.cfg file and let Prepar3D v4.3 regenerate you a new one. You will need to go through all of the graphics and display settings again but it my resolve your issue. 

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

9 minutes ago, slip-stream said:

Hi there. I think you mean default 4.4 and you are correct. What an amazing difference. I think they may have finally solved the dreaded tweaking that we’ve done for all these years. 

Yes, typo Keith, 4.4 of course 😥 Glad you find it works 😊

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Thanks Ben and Howard. I will indeed create a new cfg. I’m pretty certain that a vanilla one will do the job just right now. 

Keith Sandford.