slip-stream

The dreaded blurries.

Recommended Posts

I’ve just installed P3DV4.3 plus TE Netherlands Orbx. I’ve tried all different graphics settings (FSX user for 10 years) to try to alleviate the dreaded blurries, that are far worse than I ever suffered with FSX, incredibly. The most unusual aspect is that the blurries are evident from the very beginning which is a first for me. Running an i7 @ 4.5ghz 16 RAM and 1080ti. No matter how I adjust the sliders it makes no difference. Is this a common problem? 

 

Any advice received with thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I say just. 3 weeks ago. But had a nightmare downloading and installing Orbx scenery. 

Edited by slip-stream

Share this post


Link to post

didn't think  you could  install  p3d4,3  only  4.4  from the  download  page  from lm

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, slip-stream said:

The most unusual aspect is that the blurries are evident from the very beginning which is a first for me.

That doesn't sound like a common issue. I do know I myself had to lower quite a few settings in order to get a rather steady 23 fps (...) but I didn't have blurries all over the place. Certainly right from the very beginning. I can't help you with this, sorry, but I just wanted to let you know this isn't common.

However, blurry photoreal is rather common with P3D <4.4, so I've read: 4.4 has a few options to solve that. So you might want to update to 4.4 anyway: you don't need to reinstall TrueEarth all over again for that.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks J van E. Very helpful. I’ll upgrade tonight and see if it makes any difference. It’s a shame as on XP11 the scenery is stunning but on P3D it’s like FS9

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot to add that pausing the sim has no effect whatsoever. The blurries are fixed no matter what. 

Share this post


Link to post

I would advise to update to 4.4 were the issues with blurry textures has been addressed.

S.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks. That’s what I’m praying for. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, slip-stream said:

Thanks. That’s what I’m praying for. 

Update to 4.4 as soon as you can Keith. v4.3 almost had me turning to XP because of the darn blurry photosceneries. Even at default, 4.4 has eradicated this issue. If you are getting blurries with photosceneries in 4.4 then you clearly have some issues either with your cfg or 'in sim' slider settings. 

Edited by Rockliffe

Share this post


Link to post

Texture EXP = 10 setting I have found really helps with slow loading textures and blurries, couple with Texture Bandwidth of 120. I was having issues on my system, which is exceptionally maintained, P3D on its own m.2 SSD and SLI and I still had blurries particularly starting the longer flown from the scenario starting point. In preliminary tests it was worse in 4.4 but I also applied some the new 4.4 settings Rob talked about which helped a good amount as well.

 

Edited by American 833 Heavy

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Update to 4.4 as soon as you can Keith. v4.3 almost had me turning to XP because of the darn blurry photosceneries. Even at default, 4.3 has eradicated this issue. If you are getting blurries with photosceneries in 4.3 then you clearly have some issues either with your cfg or 'in sim' slider settings. 

Hi there. I think you mean default 4.4 and you are correct. What an amazing difference. I think they may have finally solved the dreaded tweaking that we’ve done for all these years. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, slip-stream said:

I’ve just installed P3DV4.3 plus TE Netherlands Orbx. I’ve tried all different graphics settings (FSX user for 10 years) to try to alleviate the dreaded blurries, that are far worse than I ever suffered with FSX, incredibly. The most unusual aspect is that the blurries are evident from the very beginning which is a first for me. Running an i7 @ 4.5ghz 16 RAM and 1080ti. No matter how I adjust the sliders it makes no difference. Is this a common problem? 

 

Any advice received with thanks. 

Slip-stream,

Have you tried letting Prepar3D regenerate a new Prepar3D.cfg file? I would recommend backing up your current Prepar3D.cfg file and let Prepar3D v4.3 regenerate you a new one. You will need to go through all of the graphics and display settings again but it my resolve your issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, slip-stream said:

Hi there. I think you mean default 4.4 and you are correct. What an amazing difference. I think they may have finally solved the dreaded tweaking that we’ve done for all these years. 

Yes, typo Keith, 4.4 of course 😥 Glad you find it works 😊

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks Ben and Howard. I will indeed create a new cfg. I’m pretty certain that a vanilla one will do the job just right now. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now