Sign in to follow this  
Ian S

Beech Baron and King Air in 4.4

If I want to move the above aircraft from my backed up 4.3 folders into 4.4, is there a way of knowing what files from the Gauges, Textures, Effects, Sounds folders etc I need to move across.I know some of the file names are pretty obvious, but I wonder if there are others which are less so?

Ian S

38.jpg

Looking in the .cfg files for folder names and file names is a good idea. For example, in the B58 PANLEL.CFG file we see a typical entry:

gauge00=Beech_Baron!Annunciator Gear Up, 130, 22

where "gauge00=Beech_Baron" refers to the \gauges folder and the file "Beech_Baron.cab"

Also we might see an entry:

file_1024=Baron_background_1024.bmp

refers to the Bitmap found in that same folder as the panel.cfg file.

We might see something with a relative path:

file_1024=..\..\beech_baron_58\panel\Baron_background_1024.bmp
in which case the Bitmap is referenced from another model.

Edited by SteveW
  • Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

On 12/21/2018 at 6:22 PM, SteveW said:

Looking in the .cfg files for folder names and file names is a good idea. For example, in the B58 PANLEL.CFG file we see a typical entry:

gauge00=Beech_Baron!Annunciator Gear Up, 130, 22

where "gauge00=Beech_Baron" refers to the \gauges folder and the file "Beech_Baron.cab"

Also we might see an entry:

file_1024=Baron_background_1024.bmp

refers to the Bitmap found in that same folder as the panel.cfg file.

We might see something with a relative path:

file_1024=..\..\beech_baron_58\panel\Baron_background_1024.bmp
in which case the Bitmap is referenced from another model.

Thanks Steve, I'll look into that 

• Like 1

Ian S

38.jpg

23 hours ago, Ian S said:

Thanks Steve, I'll look into that 

FYI Ian, I did the content update and I simply copied over the Baron and King Air folders that I had saved from v4.3 to the simobjects/airplanes folder in v4.4, and all the gauges were right where they should be, I didn't need to use anything from the v4.3 gauges folder that I had saved.

21 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

FYI Ian, I did the content update and I simply copied over the Baron and King Air folders that I had saved from v4.3 to the simobjects/airplanes folder in v4.4, and all the gauges were right where they should be, I didn't need to use anything from the v4.3 gauges folder that I had saved.

Thanks mate, I did a full re-install so may have lost some other files, I'll try with your suggestion and just keep adding bits until it works.

cheers

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg